focal vs Rainbow vs Morel vs Vibe vs JL vs Pioneer vs JVC vs Sony vs Vibe

rise

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade sound on a mercedes S class 320.

For Head unit I'm looking at a double Din that does everything. Options include JVC, Pioneer and Sony. I was told Pioneer is higher current and sounds best. Is this true?

For components the choices that seem to make sense are focal, Morel, Rainbow, or possibly Vibe (which caught my eye as it has silk dome tweeters)

I have dynaudios at home and therefore am partial to silk dome tweeters. What speakers would you suggest for under 25k a pair. Market seems to be partial to anniversary edition focal.

For Amp it is either JL Audio or Focal (Solid series or 533) or even hertz. Any suggestions?

Bass I'm open to whichever 10 in you suggest?

Lastly any recommendations on installers in mumbai or places to buy at the best price?

Thanks a ton

Boom!

Another option is customizing current mounting plate with cutting and leather around stereo or getting a chinese one?

What's your budget? A car like that deserves a great system.

Among the installers in Mumbai, I have heard of Sound Factor, you should check them out.

For head units, do consider Kenwood and Eclipse. If you like dynaudio, why don't you get them for your car as well? For amps, add Audison, Mosconi and Hifonics.

I'm not very knowledgeable on car audio. I'm also on the path of ICEing a Safari. Let's wait and see what gurus like Magma have to say.

Vibe is a no go. Try to see if you can get a Dynaudio Esotec series for your car along with that Focals are also nice.The best Double Din is Kenwood but are prices very high in India. After that comes Pioneer and JVC. Please avoid Sony at all costs. For Amps. I would suggest JL Audio.Listen to Both JVC and Pioneer Double Din unit and then make a decision.

Rise,
I would highly recommend meeting up with Jacob Koshy of J&B Audio, if you're in mumbai. he is one of the few people in this country who has the equipment, know how and the sensibilities for absolute high end car audio.

PM me if you need the numbers. when i was in mumbai (until a few months back) he was the only one who cut ice with me.

If I am not mistaken Mercedes comes with Harmon/Kardon as stock. One of the best systems I have heard is an upgraded system on Lexus GS 400 series by Mark Levinson. When installed correctly, this can be fantastic. The price is not that high either from speaking to owners (I don't drive a Lexus BTW).

Thanks for all the help! My head units busted, could get a new one but an upgrade seems wiser....This one had bose.

rise for the HU's look at the Double Dins from Kenwood. They are pretty good when compared to the Pio's. Another choice you could look at is the Alpine range or the Eclipse if you can source one.Mumbai is never short of installers and ICE equipment.

Once again brands available in India are umpteen, but I would suggest that you personally audition them and then decide on the components.

Please remove SONY from the list. They aint worth your time and money for all you know you might XPLOD when you audition them :D .

Last edited:
Clarion Distributor
Supreme Audiotronics Pvt. Ltd.

A-62 Naraina Industrial Area Phase-1, New Delhi-110028, INDIA

TEL: +91-11-25791140/91-11-25796778

Thanks Kittu, but nobody in Bangalore seem to stock them...maybe I'll call up the distro and ask for the Bangalore dealer...

See if you can source an eclipse 2-din from abroad, I can trade my Pioneer AVH humbly if you do not like eclipse.;)

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade sound on a mercedes S class 320.

For Head unit I'm looking at a double Din that does everything. Options include JVC, Pioneer and Sony. I was told Pioneer is higher current and sounds best. Is this true?

For components the choices that seem to make sense are focal, Morel, Rainbow, or possibly Vibe (which caught my eye as it has silk dome tweeters)

I have dynaudios at home and therefore am partial to silk dome tweeters. What speakers would you suggest for under 25k a pair. Market seems to be partial to anniversary edition focal.

For Amp it is either JL Audio or Focal (Solid series or 533) or even hertz. Any suggestions?

Bass I'm open to whichever 10 in you suggest?

Lastly any recommendations on installers in mumbai or places to buy at the best price?

Thanks a ton

Boom!
Buy Vibe(the distributor is from Mumbai) from Sidharth Golcha at way cheaper prices.

Go for Morel Tempo 602 or Rainbow.

Vibe component speakers(100w) are a bit loud for my taste. Morel(100W) or Rainbow are sweet sounding speakers. Morel will go louder than Rainbow.

Pick the right amp and no less than 8 gauge wiring. My pick for amp would be focal. Wiring- Vibe.

Cerwin Vega also has good amps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back