Foodvision.com

My personal opinion is a bit different ... for NON-VEG food, there is nothing to match stuff available in Tamil Nadu interiors .... places like Erode ... coastal areas. The spices do the trick I believe and appam is my weakness. Mind you, talking of only non-veg food now.

Interesting! Do you have any specific recommendations in terms of food, places, or specific restaurants in interior TN?

....The gentle flavours and aromas of saffron, cardomom, star anise, and other spices makes this a veritable delicacy to be savoured in every morsel...

Absolutely right!
While i was there on a meeting, i had pretty little time at hand, cause the people i went to meet were disturbed that i should not be taking the biryani
from Paradise but named some other joint. But that one was far in the opposite direction to where i was. Hence I had to go to Paradise, expecting it to be NOT that bad as per the big brand name. But later when we had a bite, i so felt that i missed the chance to pass this freaking waste of money. Horrible is the word, it wasnt even tasteful.

My personal opinion is a bit different ... for NON-VEG food, there is nothing to match stuff available in Tamil Nadu interiors .... places like Erode ... coastal areas. The spices do the trick I believe and appam is my weakness. Mind you, talking of only non-veg food now.[/QUOTE]

There is a Hotel called Junior Kuppannas in Erode which is famous for the Non Veg foods , They have everything except Lion , tiger and Elephant.
Another place in Coimbatore is Raju Mess , similar to Kuppannas but very spicy. Angannan , Kovai Biriyani and Venu Mess are famous for Biriyani.
In Dindugal , Thalapakatti , Venu are famous again for Biriyani.

In Chennai Hotel Buhari is good for Idiappam and Paya

Dont know where to start....but here are the definite favorites!

Copy+of+IMG_2023.jpg

Kappa.jpg

These are some places in Bangalore I'd love to dine...

Limelight & Geoffreys in Royal Orchid - Airport Road (Breakfast & Dinner)
Indijoe - Airport Road (Lunch buffet)
Golconda Chimney - Marathalli
Fanoos - Johnson Market (Jumbo, Mumbo, Rambo.....)
Empire - Church Street (Late night cravings)
The Only Place - Museum Rd. (...love the Apple Pie & Cream for dessert!)
Ebony in Barton Center, MG Road. (The night view of Bangalore and honey dipped roasted pork ribs)
Mainland China - Church Street
Rice Bowl - Lavelle Road
Kobe Sizzler - Garuda Mall
Miller's 46 - Millers Road
Barbeque Nation - 100ft. Road
Friends - BTM
Indiana - Residency Road (Burger/Unlimited Mayonnaise)
Maas - Madiwala (Often messy but love the fish biriyani and kerala porotta)

Favorites:
Jukebox - Cordon Bleu anyday!
Pecos - Dosa and Beef Curry/Pork Vindaloo

Give it a try if you get chance.

Cheers.

PS:Beer is standard wherever available!

There were similar threads here in this regard. Above is from mys posts there :)

Famous Eateries
Taste of Kerala

whoa hey!!!!

i saw all those things that a person can tickle his/her palate with - and said to my wife - why don't we DIY all these? - and she said-

$$$k o$$!!!:lol:

so we'll be stuck to dal/roti and the occasional salad -:eek:

nothing like dal roti and chilli pickle no matter how many fancy dishes one might have, end of the day if one stays too far away from dal roti it becomes weird.

Dont know where to start....but here are the definite favorites!

Copy+of+IMG_2023.jpg

Kappa.jpg

These are some places in Bangalore I'd love to dine...

Limelight & Geoffreys in Royal Orchid - Airport Road (Breakfast & Dinner)
Indijoe - Airport Road (Lunch buffet)
Golconda Chimney - Marathalli
Fanoos - Johnson Market (Jumbo, Mumbo, Rambo.....)
Empire - Church Street (Late night cravings)
The Only Place - Museum Rd. (...love the Apple Pie & Cream for dessert!)
Ebony in Barton Center, MG Road. (The night view of Bangalore and honey dipped roasted pork ribs)
Mainland China - Church Street
Rice Bowl - Lavelle Road
Kobe Sizzler - Garuda Mall
Miller's 46 - Millers Road
Barbeque Nation - 100ft. Road
Friends - BTM
Indiana - Residency Road (Burger/Unlimited Mayonnaise)
Maas - Madiwala (Often messy but love the fish biriyani and kerala porotta)

Favorites:
Jukebox - Cordon Bleu anyday!
Pecos - Dosa and Beef Curry/Pork Vindaloo

Give it a try if you get chance.

Cheers.

PS:Beer is standard wherever available!

There were similar threads here in this regard. Above is from mys posts there :)

Famous Eateries
Taste of Kerala

Hi Unleash,
your post shows your love for food. Just curiopus what is the golden thing on top of the napkin?
Thanks.

In Chennai finding restaurants that serve genuine and good north Indian food is a little tricky.

In the slightly medium priced category is Copper Chimney on Cathedral Road. They also have a branch inside City Centre. Both places serve really good north Indian food. As I said before their Aaloo Mutter is superb as is their special masala paapad. This is a large roasted paapad that comes seasoned with nicely cut onions, cucumber, and other salad items topped with slight touch of masala powders. The only issue with this is when you start eating this, you hardly have any place left for food.

In Park Town there used to be a Gujarathi Thali joint. I have not been there for a long time. For something like 30 Rupees, they used to serve piping hot food with simple dishes. The food used to be so tasty that you could eat 12 to 15 rotis before even blinking.

On Habibullah Road, there is small four table joint called 'Aashirwad'. In my opinion, this is one of the best places for north Indian food in Chennai. Always cooked fresh and pure vegetarian, you have to wait for at least 20 minutes after ordering as the dish is cooked only after you order. His mixed vegetable, mutter paneer, dal tadka are all superb.

My wife, Charu, makes some fantastic Evththal Kozhumbu and Kara Kozhumbu using ready made mix from Grand Sweets. Take with hot rice, ghee, and fried paapad (appalam), these can bring tears to your eyes in taste.

Grand Sweets reminds me of something I always stock as home. Their 'Thattai'. Simply the best in the world.

There are two other items that are always top of my list for mouth watering taste. One is a almond (badam) based biscuit called 'Bisticks' made by Almond House in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. Another is a similar product called 'Badamees' made by Dadu's in Hyderabad. I usually stock 6 months supply of these products on a regular basis.

Another item is the Paapdi Chaat outside UPSC in Delhi. The story goes that one of the UPSC Directors wanted him removed but was thwarted by no less a person than The President of India!!

Cheers

Hai venkat,

I recommend another Gujrathi hotel in Vadapalani, located right in the Temple street near Saravana Bhavan. Originally it used to be a chat & sweet shop now expanded as a 2-Storey Restaurant. The tastes is very authentic and light on your purse too. Give it a try you'll love it.

N.Murali

i like cheese lots of cheese i can eat cheese everyday :licklips: especially paneer wale paranthe :licklips:,then i like momos :licklips:,dark chocolate pastries:licklips:,dhokla :licklips:,banana shake :licklips: and lassi :licklips: :licklips:

Last edited:
My Favourites:
Combo 5 - Veg Biriyani + Gobi 65 + Coke from Hyderabadi Biriyani, College Rd, Egmore
Paper Ghee Roast from Saravana Bhavan
Pineapple upside down cake
Quesadillas with sour cream, salsa and gaucamole

Coorg style pork and akki roti (Wild spice, Residency road)
Any sea food cooked in my native (kerala) style or mangalore.
Malabar biriyani (Chicken/mutton/beef)
Beef steaks from jukebox (Koramangala) and 'the only place' (museum road).
Anything from 'Ente keralam' at Ulsoor road.
Apple pie, lemon meringue, Palada Payasam, hot chocolate fudge from corner house and many more :D

But the best of all, my wife's chicken/mutton biriyani !!

List is big but some glimpses are here
non veg:
chicken maharaja ,at native town at 2 select spaces.
burger at palette guwahati(may be days of college dates influenced it )
smoked chken, kobe sizzler, very well made biryani/ tandoor items

veg : most pan fried chinese/punjabi items

I am a big fan of seaside food joints
All smoothies/cocktails with good ambiance (!!!)seaside @thailand/singapore
While in goa evening shots of 'feni' and roasted ABCD is a habit

liked alternate global foods:p:
the english breakfast with baked beans,egg ,black cofee, spanish rolls made in olive oil

1. From Old City Hyderabad: Tala hua ghosht (Fried beef with minimal flavouring ).
  2. Steaks from Chef Inam's near KBR park road Newyork style, Jamaican with Black bean , Ribeye, Red Snapper .. Yum yum.. Feel like going there now
  3. Tiramasu from Rucci & Idoni (Once upon a time)
  4. Puffy Wada from Gayatri bhavan - Himayatnagar
  5. Pepper Squid roasted from Ch Pavillion

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

P.S : I make a mean beef steak - Schezwan & brandy steaks on my own grill. Chicken are also A ok... Anyone in HYd . if Wana party let me know!!! its been long :D

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back