FOR BARTER - Matrix and Planet Earth HD-DVD

The discs have not been played even once since I do not have a HD-DVD player.

I do not wish to sell them so putting them up for exchange. Don't have anything specific in mind. Make me your offer!

:cheers:
When Srini (SriniSundar) sees this thread, you will be spoilt for choice:D

can these be played on normal DVD players ?
Nope ash, you will need a HD-DVD player.

I guess these will play in the Oppo BDP 83, but I am not sure.

If they do, I am not sure what will interest you? Movies/music?

I guess these will play in the Oppo BDP 83, but I am not sure. If they do, I am not sure what will interest you? Movies/music?

They will play ONLY on players that can understand and play HD-DVDs. BD83 is Blu-Ray player and will NOT play HD-DVD.

Cheers

I have Ultimate Matrix and also Planet earth in HD DVD.. May be you can throw in for sale... Will be picked by mohd.Nasser who is just into HD-DVD..

Both are excellent transfers on par with Blu ray. :sad:HDDVD was buried and final rights were done already.

I have the following HD-DVD titles -
The Complete Matrix Trilogy

Planet Earth: The Complete Series

The discs have not been played even once since I do not have a HD-DVD player.

I do not wish to sell them so putting them up for exchange. Don't have anything specific in mind. Make me your offer!

:cheers:

I have Ultimate Matrix and also Planet earth in HD DVD.. May be you can throw in for sale... Will be picked by mohd.Nasser who is just into HD-DVD..

Both are excellent transfers on par with Blu ray. :sad:HDDVD was buried and final rights were done already.

I would rather exchange than sell...

Alternately, you could help me get an inexpensive HD-DVD player ;) (and a few more discs)

I'd be keen..

is there anything in particular you are looking for in exchange -

hardware? (computer, or hifi)
software? (original cds, DVDs etc)

cheers.

Bare minimum price of HDDVD player of 2nd generation model is going at $50 to $75... Add shipping cost / duty/.. So your landing price will be below 5k to 6k.

You can get numerous HDDVD's for $1 to $10 in ebay.... So if any of your friend could get in lot.. Good save,,, still you can ship thru Vpost( what I did for 60 titles lot).

Regds

I would rather exchange than sell...

Alternately, you could help me get an inexpensive HD-DVD player ;) (and a few more discs)

HD-DVDs look really, really good. ignore the lower bitrates versus blu-ray and the pulldown issues (for HTPCs)- they put out a really vivid picture.

I just watched "meet joe black" on hd dvd-- the picture is jaw droppingly good

I do not have HD-DVDs / BDs of the same movies so I cannot do a direct comparo, but compare HD-DVDs with older blu-rays of the same period - I seem to prefer HD-DVD..

cheers

Hi Kapvin,

I could compare lot of HDDVD's with BD's I have and it is par with BD's... Not making any any any difference... Poor it lost the race.. and we consumer lost a cheaper option due to studio support for BD's.

Regards

Hi Kapvin,

I could compare lot of HDDVD's with BD's I have and it is par with BD's... Not making any any any difference... Poor it lost the race.. and we consumer lost a cheaper option due to studio support for BD's.

Regards

if you mean that the same movies on BD and HD-DVD are identical.. that automatically makes it better.. coz it's cheaper to make (uses, AFAIK the same process as DVDs)..

well, to come back to the original topic, I am keen to add to my HD-DVD collection at the appropriate price.. so if the OP could give some indication of what constitutes a fair exchange in his perception, we could take this forward.

cheers

if you mean that the same movies on BD and HD-DVD are identical.. that automatically makes it better.. coz it's cheaper to make (uses, AFAIK the same process as DVDs)..

well, to come back to the original topic, I am keen to add to my HD-DVD collection at the appropriate price.. so if the OP could give some indication of what constitutes a fair exchange in his perception, we could take this forward.

cheers

Hi Kapvin,

Make your offer! I'm open to anything...hardware/software/bananas...what do you have on mind? Can go for normal DVD's too...or LPs/CDs/bunch of downloaded files...honestly, I do not know how much should I expect for it in monetory terms so don't wanna quote something that's inappropriate...its between us HFVians :)

Bananas, BAnaNAs, BAANAAANAAS? Come on Soulforged, at least ask for Alphonsos in the Mango season. They should go for 120 or so a kilo ! :)

Cheers

Venkat, I hope you meant 120 a dozen ;).. that too is too low a price..here alphonsoes are selling at anything between 200 - 600 a dozen, or even more:sad: mangoes going the audiophile way.. the elite ones getting more expensive?? Badami mangoes are available for around 30-35 a kg.

Apologies to the OP for deviating from the topic..

On a serious note, will the HDDVD's look better than a normal DVD on CRT assuming I connect the HDDVD player via component cable?

Last edited:
Hi Kapvin,

Make your offer! I'm open to anything...hardware/software/bananas...what do you have on mind? Can go for normal DVD's too...or LPs/CDs/bunch of downloaded files...honestly, I do not know how much should I expect for it in monetory terms so don't wanna quote something that's inappropriate...its between us HFVians :)

well, I have spares of most things other than bananas..

heres one hardware offer

Asus A8N, Nvidia 7600GS, 1GB RAM, Athlon XP 3000+ (this is different from what I posted in the give away section - though I can add those as well)

or

software- (i don't do downloads, unfortunately) - I have some DVDs spare (and they are in Bangalore with my folks)

- pirates of the caribbean - on DVD all indian
+bourne trilogy - on DVD all indian

or

Harry potter 1-5 (1-3 is from US, 4,5 india)

pls evaluate these.. i can make alternate offers

cheers

EDIT: unless stated otherwise - please assume that the DVDs are completely scratchless!

Last edited:
Back