For fans of prism gear

Very interesting.. Have not heard any of the Prism Audio components but they seem to have a decent name in the industry...Look forward to comparisons with the Schiit Yggy .. Hopefully someone gets down to comparing it soon...

I got Prism Sound Callia yesterday. It is that good that I am forced to think if instead of asking 'If Callia is comparable to Yggy', should I be asking 'If Yggy is comparable to Callia'. I mean, it is that good. I have not given this a final judgement though. But, whoever wins, it will not be on any scale, it will be just my preference towards any particular nuances of sound.

If we look at internet, WhatHiFi has given just three star to this product which certainly made me doubting their credibility now.

It is very clean, very accurate, you do not get to hear any artifact where you have to force your brain to analyze.

I am not very good at explaining sound but once you listen to this, you will not want to analyze and just listen to the track.

And, on top of all these, universal voltage, no fuss Android and iPhone connection...these all make this a fantastic DAC.

I know I am not good at writing about sound so feel free to throw in any questions that anybody may have and I will give them my best shot.

Interesting review. Good to see this. @ bornfi, do you mind listing down rest of your gear ? And also the music you played while testing this dac?

Interesting review. Good to see this. @ bornfi, do you mind listing down rest of your gear ? And also the music you played while testing this dac?
Sure, here it is.

Win10 Computer -> USB to Dante converter -> PoE Router -> Dante to AES Converter -> to DACs -> Karan Acoustics KA XLR Interconnects -> Silvercore Preamp 324 -> Karan Acoustics KA XLR Interconnects ->Karan Acoustics KAS400 Amp -> Silvercore Speaker Cables -> Tekton Design Double Impacts

As for music played, it was a range right from latest hindi songs (specifically Citylights - I find this recording to be good) to DIana Krall to some online Jazz Radio. I mean I usually do not do very critical listening, do not go behind specifics but instead get into the music and expect to come out satisfied.

Last edited:
Sure, here it is.

Win10 Computer -> USB to Dante converter -> PoE Router -> Dante to AES Converter -> to DACs -> Karan Acoustics KA XLR Interconnects -> Silvercore Preamp 324 -> Karan Acoustics KA XLR Interconnects ->Karan Acoustics KAS400 Amp -> Silvercore Speaker Cables -> Tekton Design Double Impacts

As for music played, it was a range right from latest hindi songs (specifically Citylights - I find this recording to be good) to DIana Krall to some online Jazz Radio. I mean I usually do not do very critical listening, do not go behind specifics but instead get into the music and expect to come out satisfied.
Great :) And that is a nice system !

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back