For listening music 5.1 home theater or other system

Emanuelmree

I'm lover of music. Can you suggest what sound system should I buy? 5.1 with av receiver or 2.1 with av receiver?

I'm lover of music. Can you suggest what sound system should I buy? 5.1 with av receiver or 2.1 with av receiver?
hi my opinion go for demo & find rite speakers that's one time investment dont go on reviews as every individual have their own taste go on with listening N trust ur ears.
Brands i know from many demos are
Indiqaudio plantinum achals or diamond mishra
KEF Qseries floorstanders
Q Acoustic
Monitor audio
Dali
Polk/Klipsh

AVR i suggest to go for AVR with preouts whichever u like denon,marantz r yamaha

1st try with LCR & later add surround & atmos..

Welcome to the forum.
2.0 with stereo amp would be best if music is prime objective.
Do share your room size and budget and what kind of music you listen to.

Why you thought abt having an AVR..??
If you have a plan for a further expansion as a home theater system, definitely go get an AVR. Then its fine. For only stereo listening, an integrated amplifier and a pair of decent bookself speaker is enough. Dedicated 2 channel amps are better, producing stereo music..as Naturelover said. Of course with increasing budget both amp and speakers will be getting better. A few good companies provide subwoofer out too with their 2 channel amps...If you get of of those it will prove handy in future. Just visit Hifimart.com, you will get a lot of options.

Welcome to the forum.
2.0 with stereo amp would be best if music is prime objective.
Do share your room size and budget and what kind of music you listen to.
+1 if music is main purpose go for stereo amp 2 ch with sub out & njy the best clean sound for music..

Just a dumb query.

How do you peeps think about serviceability before outright buying? I have read many reviews wherein a Yamaha 209 or Denon or SONOS going bust within a few months ... how usually people get them repaired?

Well, probably 90% of all Music Titles are/were recorded in Stereo, so going with a good 2.0/2.1 set-up will be logical. However, with the rise of Surround Music (Tidal/Apple ATMOS), the game is now changing. Once you hear a good Mastered Surround Title, you will probably never go back to Stereo. That said, start with Stereo and then expand to a good 5.1/ATMOS system. With more and more Titles are coming in ATMOS, the future of Surround Music is bright.

A stereo setup attempts to replicate live concert sound.
All the music comes from the front.
I am not sure if surround and atmos are a good idea for music.
But does make me curious.
Are there any trial tracks available anywhere?

Welcome to our forum. As regards music system you can buy an integrated stereo amplifier and speakers. AVRs are for those who are in to movies. For purely music listening integrated amplifier is recommended. Buy the speakers first then collect a suitable amplifier. However, you haven't told us about your sources like TT, CDP or Streamer . You also haven't told us about your fav genres. Please elaborate on these and FMs will guide you through.
Regards

However, with the rise of Surround Music (Tidal/Apple ATMOS), the game is now changing.
Is it? Or it’s a conjecture? Any stats on new album releases that shows a significant trend towards (original recording in) surround music? That’s what could (that too if music listeners warm up to it) change the game in near-mid future, not the remastered versions of older stereo content which feels gimmicky and is unlikely to woo audiophiles.

On a different note, the OP has not visited this site even a single time after he has posted the question. Maybe he already found the answer and not interested in the opinions/ advice.
While a dozen FM have reached out to help.

Tidal has pretty decent collection of Atmos tracks. Start with "The Weekend". It's recorded in surround format in the first place.
Don't have Tidal, unfortunately. Or Apple Music, for that matter. Any other sources?
Looking to test surround only. Don't have Atmos too :(

Tidal has pretty decent collection of Atmos tracks. Start with "The Weekend". It's recorded in surround format in the first place.
How are you getting Atmos to your receiver ? I tried with the Tidal App for Sony but it does not do atmos. (Atmos not supported)

How to install the Tidal on Firestick? Is VPN required? can i install the Tidal on my FireStick with Amazon indian ID?
You have to either sideload the Tidal apk or change the Amazon store location to US and install it from official store. After the installation, you can switch back to Indian store.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back