For Sale Rules exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

sud98

I see a few for sale posts by a dealer with a note saying it's an exception.

1.I would like to know why this exception was made.
2. Why is the dealer marked as an owner rather than a dealer.
3. Would this mean that now dealers are allowed to put their goods for sale in the forum?
4.we just changed rules for minimum posts from 30 to 90 with the reasoning being we need more contributors and not dealers. Then why are we changing the soul of the forum.

Personally I would welcome dealers and distributors selling in the forum as long as they are tagged officially as dealers.

MZ audio is long time distributor for marantz and hifimart is a long time seller of marantz products.
In that case both businesses know each other very well to need any permission.
As a owner of forum I think supermod can make exceptions for someone who is doing business with him since long time or there will be certain understanding between both of them.

This is just my understanding and I may be wrong but whatever the case I would not raise any objections as sale threads are approved by hifivision and they are free to make exceptions for any individuals or dealers

I suggest we have a dealer section for listing sales.
As a forum we can charge them a fee to list the same or a yearly membership. Plus it will give us access to goods that they hold in stock and want to push off at an attractive price. It's a win win for everyone.

I see no problems in such cases of well known dealers..

In fact..more should be encouraged after vetting by the Supermod

I see no problems in such cases of well known dealers..

In fact..more should be encouraged after vetting by the Supermod

On one hand, the rules were put in place so that we can verify the bonafides of sellers and their intentions
In this case however, it seems to be clear already, but hypothetically, will the mods accept responsibility if something goes wrong, as essentially they have vouched for this dealer in making an exception

Though i get the concern here, that it appears that the rules are there only for the small people. Ultimately this Forum is owned by the Admins, and not by the community, and any Propriety (or the appearance of it) - is up to them.

I think this is a great idea and a win win situation for both forum members and dealers.

On one hand, the rules were put in place so that we can verify the bonafides of sellers and their intentions
In this case however, it seems to be clear already, but hypothetically, will the mods accept responsibility if something goes wrong, as essentially they have vouched for this dealer in making an exception

Though i get the concern here, that it appears that the rules are there only for the small people. Ultimately this Forum is owned by the Admins, and not by the community, and any Propriety (or the appearance of it) - is up to them.

To my mind - the forum cannot take responsibility for a sale - purchase transaction going wrong

This move will offer more choices to folks here..

Its important to differentiate between a bonafide dealer and an individual seller

Pinkfishmedia - has a dealers sale section - exclusively for dealers

maybe HFV can try that

Wow this is great. So since this is NOT a regular sale from an individual, rather a dealer, can we expect a proper BILL and Warranty?

MaSh

Wow this is great. So since this is NOT a regular sale from an individual, rather a dealer, can we expect a proper BILL and Warranty?

MaSh
Think it is mentioned in the sales post. In some products warranty is there.

This is a great initiative taken by hifivision to allow dealers to list their components on forums classified section with great discounts. As Hifivision itself approving and allowing such dealers to list components, we forum members must be relaxed in such deals as chances of cheating are less. While auditioned difference components at various dealers, I have came across lots of Demo, discontinued products lying idle with dealers as they have no such platform to sell. But again it's individual's responsibility to make such deal and process for final purchase.

IMO its a good move. Now the FM of this forum can enjoy the benefits of various offers from the dealers and the dealers from us.

I see no hassle in advertising their sales, but it should go under the heading as Dealers & Distributors , and not as Owners. It is a genuine product so anyone interested can buy in peace and that too at a a very good discounted price.

Good AV dealers should be able to post their products for sale but with certain riders. As suggested by others perhaps there can be a specific section for dealers to list their merchandise, HFV is by far the most popular forum for us in India, if dealers are allowed to list here that gives them more exposure and forum members can also look forward to some deals which otherwise they would not be aware of.
Coming to think of it, by extension this might just turn into an online marketplace for AV goods. That is at this point possibly wishful thinking as the market itself is minuscule for this to be a profit-making avenue but we never know!

Availability of demo/clearance units are welcome. For sure there will be interested FMs. Dealer or otherwise, a sale (even a new item) has it's pros and cons.
Cheers,
Raghu

If someone used an equipment for demo, technically he becomes an owner of the said equipment. It was decided by forum management to give MZ an exception.

A separate dealer section is a good idea but as things stand, I don't see anything wrong in he selling it here as full disclosure is made upfront.

How does the forum benefit if they don't contribute to it in terms of knowledge sharing nor do they pay dealer fees to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back