For the attention of JBL owners and fans...

murali

I saw this in another forum:

Quote:
The JBL Northridge plant (of all places) is shutting down in July.

Although it's a definite blow to our community, I bet it's even more devastating to the pro audio community. I'm sure they will offshore to the far-east and probably keep plugging along, but it will never be the same. Also, JBL has always done a great job at maintaining inventories of replacement parts for old models, but this seems to be questionable now.

I guess that leaves Klipsch as the last man standing in terms of classic American loudspeakers.

It seems as if everything Harmon Intl. touches eventually turns to crap.

Unquote:

Good luck.
murali

I saw this in another forum:

Quote:
The JBL Northridge plant (of all places) is shutting down in July.

Although it's a definite blow to our community, I bet it's even more devastating to the pro audio community. I'm sure they will offshore to the far-east and probably keep plugging along, but it will never be the same. Also, JBL has always done a great job at maintaining inventories of replacement parts for old models, but this seems to be questionable now.

I guess that leaves Klipsch as the last man standing in terms of classic American loudspeakers.

It seems as if everything Harmon Intl. touches eventually turns to crap.

Unquote:

Good luck.
murali

Couldn't agree with you more...

They are moving to Mexico. But that should not be a problem on Quality. Anyway the real "Audiophile offerings" of JBL are very few and very expensive and they were anyway bought only in the Far East.

But regarding american speakers ...there are So many more other than Klipsch (who also own Jamo)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back