for this room size...

balajeem

Hello,

for a room size of 15 * 10, are floorstanders too much ? I have almost finalized on CA Sirocco 5.1 package that comes with S70 floor standers and S30 bookshelf and centre. But I am just wondering if S70 will be too much for the room size. I already have a old yamaha sub.

If floor standers aren't required I will buy the speaker that I want separately.

Thanks

Frankly, borderline case ......... but, BS are more than sufficient, provided you do not need a 'boom' at higher volume levels which would be with FS.

Thanks, I made a mistake in calculation it's 11.x X 13.x which measures to 145 and not 15*10.

I was just wondering if I should go for Sirocco S30 , S50 centre or S70(floorstander)/ s50 centre

(or) may be QA 2010 left/right/centre- I like the bookshelf stand of QA 2010 - if I buy I would buy with the stand for bookshelf

Excellent choice in speaker set if I may say so. 11 by 13 is just fine for your setup.

May I ask how much the sirocco is coming to without the sub since I know whole set with sub costs 38k.

Last edited:
24 sounds like a good price actually, what about the rears and if you take the sub, how much are you getting offered the 5.1 set for, any idea?

the sirocco speakers are excellent VFM because you can complete the whole set for the price of a pair from other brands at equal SQ

41K for the entire set -

I don't need sub, rear speakers.
I have a yamaha sub and the one that I am using as front speakers , I am planning to move them to rear.

Quote From: CressidaAVZone, chennai

Will the floor standers overwhelm my room :) is what I am wondering.

Balajeem - The dimensions alone may not be enough to say whether or not a room will boom. In Indian homes small things like presence or absence of wooden almirahs, position of the overhead storage rack, position of the speakers from the rear walls and side walls, position of the door to the room, etc. etc.

Ultimately though it also depends on how you like your music. In my mind, too little bass can always be augmented with a sub or with a better pair of speakers sometime down the line. And if this is your first Hifi or Hometheatre setup, then it is possible that you may want to invest in better speakers down the line. So, bookshelves to me sound safer. If at all possible see if an audition of the speakers in your own room is possible. That is what would tell you for sure.

He already has bookshelves and a sub I'm guessing, but for for 24 I think it's a decent price, literally 8k for 2 towers and center which is a v good price imo.

I have klipsch bookshelf and a old yamaha sub.

yes, I will have to decided between sirocco - bookshelf/centre or floorstander/centre .

Thanks Vortex for your comment.

At the end of the day , I don't want to buy something that would not good enough for my room. that's the reason I haven't decided yet on floor stander or just plain bookshelf. The cost wise it was 24K, that attracts me a bit...

For you, at your room-size and price-point, I think the choices are either excellent BSs or VFM FSs.

Why don't you try the Wharfedales 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2 BS? You'll probably get a better performance than the CA Siroco's.

You can even try the 9.5/10.5 FS at a slightly higer price.

>>For you, at your room-size and price-point, I think the choices are either >>excellent BSs or VFM FSs.

Why don't you try the Wharfedales 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2 BS? You'll probably get a better performance than the CA Siroco's.

[Balajeem] Thanks much for your suggestion. Definitely I like Wharfedale 9.2 and 10.1 (both I auditioned) and they are one notch above CA, I also auditioned MS Aviano 1 - that was also good to my ears.

I am wondering also on the bookshelf stands for wharfedale, MS. I am not sure if one can get speaker stand for wharfedale bookshelves. They cannot be wall -mounted for sure. Since this setup is for my bedroom, I want them in good speaker stand so that the throw is there during playing music. if I don't place it on a stand, I presume it might not give good sound as bed/cot will block , disturb the sound waves.

Balajem, What Klipsch bookshelf speakers do you have? Where can I buy Klipsch speakers in India - I am based in Pune/Mumbai. I had the klipsch SB-3 synergy series that I got very used to - had to leave them behind when I moved back to India. Am looking to but a similar pair of speakers here.

Deepak.

>>For you, at your room-size and price-point, I think the choices are either >>excellent BSs or VFM FSs.

[Balajeem] Thanks much for your suggestion. Definitely I like Wharfedale 9.2 and 10.1 (both I auditioned) and they are one notch above CA, I also auditioned MS Aviano 1 - that was also good to my ears.

I am wondering also on the bookshelf stands for wharfedale, MS. I am not sure if one can get speaker stand for wharfedale bookshelves. They cannot be wall -mounted for sure. Since this setup is for my bedroom, I want them in good speaker stand so that the throw is there during playing music. if I don't place it on a stand, I presume it might not give good sound as bed/cot will block , disturb the sound waves.

Balajeem,

Please contact "magma" our forum member for the speaker stands. Search the forum you can see the nice stands he has made also he will be able to guide you better in this regard.

Kittu

I heard there are dealiers in Bangalore for Klipsch, you can check in AV Max .

Thanks,
Balaji. M

Balajem, What Klipsch bookshelf speakers do you have? Where can I buy Klipsch speakers in India - I am based in Pune/Mumbai. I had the klipsch SB-3 synergy series that I got very used to - had to leave them behind when I moved back to India. Am looking to but a similar pair of speakers here.

Deepak.

Dear Balajeem,
My suggestions /comments:
In 11.x X 13 room, Floorstanders will not deliver their best points ("larger experience") , however they will definately tie you down with bass management problems since you can't move them around to correct bass problems. Further... Considering same 24k price, the Bookshelves will deliver better SQ than FS... more so in smaller rooms.

For your room size I suggest, stick to good bookshelves that can do 60 Hz easily, as Fronts (initially.... setup crossover in AVR such that the fronts dont go lower than 80Hz) and leave the sub for bass duties (below 80 Hz). After this initial setup observe the sound, then move around the sub* /modify the xover freqs to get final optimum sound. (*web is full of guidance on sub positioning)

Regds,

Thanks, I made a mistake in calculation it's 11.x X 13.x which measures to 145 and not 15*10.

I was just wondering if I should go for Sirocco S30 , S50 centre or S70(floorstander)/ s50 centre

(or) may be QA 2010 left/right/centre- I like the bookshelf stand of QA 2010 - if I buy I would buy with the stand for bookshelf

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back