Fosi Audio MC101 - First look

sudokpr

Fosi Audio was running a contest campaign on Facebook and I was one of the 20 lucky winners of the MC101.
I think it is set to launch during today's Black Friday campaign. While it's not yet on their website, I recall spotting it on their Kickstarter campaign—unsure if it's still active

tempImageV9FLhd.jpgtempImageBU9SS5.jpg

The MC101 breaks the mold with its stunning design, departing from the usual all-black aesthetics. The standout VU meter catches the eye, though I'm curious about its practicality during my evening music sessions in a dimly lit room. As someone who prefers closing my eyes and immersing in the music, I wonder if the yellow backlit light might be more of a visual distraction.

So far, I've connected the amp to my current setup via pre-out, channeling line level inputs to set the needle in motion. Stay tuned for updates once I've had a chance to evaluate the sound quality
output.gif

Despite not incurring a direct cost for the amplifier, I did have to pay an import duty of INR 670. The amplifier was delivered via India Post, and I settled the amount with the postman. Interestingly, the item was declared at $15, making the import duty more than 50% of the declared value.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back