Fosi BT20A pro vs Aiyima A07 /A07PRO

DAB

Hey all
Greetings
Hope all of you are doing well..
First up I am a budget freak hence was looking to satiate my music needs within the constraints of that.
Since past few days I have been seeing g a few videos and reading about the fosi and aiyima budget amps and I am leaning towards buying one in the upcoming amazon sale.

I am aware that Aiyima 07 pro is yet to hit Indian shores but I am sure some of you must have got it already from abroad.

Was wo deri g if you can share the real life comparison between the just released Fosi BT20A and Aiyima 07 and 07 pro..

On my part I have been using my old Sony hifi systems speakers Ss990 and Sony Az2d speakers, all are 6 ohm..

Thanks

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

MaSh
Thanks for the observation...
Was wondering if the sound signatures have any noticeable difference....
I lean towards a fuller audio with enough bulk and alongside pretty good and distinguishable higher notes...

Thanks for the observation...
Was wondering if the sound signatures have any noticeable difference....
I lean towards a fuller audio with enough bulk and alongside pretty good and distinguishable higher notes...
Which dac and preamp will you be using? A lot depends on that. An amp will only amplify the signal it gets.

MaSh

Personally, I don't see the point of paying 5k more for a device with lesser spec (compared to the tb10d) just because it's convenient. A power amp is forever. I have amps from 50 years ago which are just as functional today as the day they were launched. Bluetooth on the other hand is a buggy protocol, and planned obsolescence in a chip. I would keep them separate, especially because then you can insert a tube amp into the chain, something which these class d amps could benefit from

Which dac and preamp will you be using? A lot depends on that. An amp will only amplify the signal it gets.

MaSh
Tbh, my music is streamed at the highest possible quliaty from Spotify app, plus the inbuilt equalizer is pretty much okaybfir my preamp purposes... All streamed via Bluetooth..
Personally, I don't see the point of paying 5k more for a device with lesser spec (compared to the tb10d) just because it's convenient. A power amp is forever. I have amps from 50 years ago which are just as functional today as the day they were launched. Bluetooth on the other hand is a buggy protocol, and planned obsolescence in a chip. I would keep them separate, especially because then you can insert a tube amp into the chain, something which these class d amps could benefit from
The difference isn't 5k, till couple of days back all were in the range of 7999...( before a sale and on weekends prices tend to change on Amazon.) .. Hence my preferace for the bluetooth enabled one..
I tend to keep moving my amp from room to room.. Study, living room and bed room, (have a pair of passive speakers in each room to go with the amp...

Tbh, my music is streamed at the highest possible quliaty from Spotify app, plus the inbuilt equalizer is pretty much okaybfir my preamp purposes... All streamed via Bluetooth..
In that case in my opinion this device would be perfect for your use case. Even if you get a dedicated streamer in future to improve the sound quality, you can use the built in dac in it.

Limited-time deal: AIYIMA T9 Bluetooth 5.0 100W * 2 Tube Amplifier 2.0 Channel Vacuum USB DAC Stereo HiFi Home Audio Digital Amp RCA/COA/Opt/PC-USB w/VU Meter https://amzn.eu/d/1Puzvp7

MaSh

In that case in my opinion this device would be perfect for your use case. Even if you get a dedicated streamer in future to improve the sound quality, you can use the built in dac in it.

Limited-time deal: AIYIMA T9 Bluetooth 5.0 100W * 2 Tube Amplifier 2.0 Channel Vacuum USB DAC Stereo HiFi Home Audio Digital Amp RCA/COA/Opt/PC-USB w/VU Meter https://amzn.eu/d/1Puzvp7

MaSh
That's interesting, never thought about buying this tbh..
Hope the issues of the clicking, the idle noise issue and the vu meter moving only slightly are fixed..
Just out of curiosity it's obvious that T9 has 3250 and I was inclined towards the 3255...
how much of a difference with a couple of 120+120 or 100+100w speakers one will notice in the audio quality bw these two ic based amps (ofcourse there will be other differences as well,, still a rough overview of the difference in aifii if I may dare to ask)

Hope the issues of the clicking, the idle noise issue and the vu meter moving only slightly are fixed..
Just out of curiosity it's obvious that T9 has 3250 and I was inclined towards the 3255...
how much of a difference with a couple of 120+120 or 100+100w speakers one will notice in the audio quality bw these two ic based amps (ofcourse there will be other differences as well,, still a rough overview of the difference in aifii if I may dare to ask)
Academic question really. The included power supply is probably a 24v 4.5a unit (based on the product info on the aiyima site which can be unreliable as sellers will sometimes ship different ones) which will not even let you reach 50+50 :D

The vu meter issue is probably because people need to understand that it's a power meter. The vu meters on an amp behave very differently from the vu meters on a source, because the amp meter is dependent on gain. At most sane volume levels, you're using only a very small portion of the amp power so you'll see very limited movement

There are no issues with it. You can go ahead with this in my opinion without a worry.

MaSh

There are no issues with it. You can go ahead with this in my opinion without a worry.

MaSh
Hi just wanted to update that out of impulse and coz it came back online just for a minute.... I grabbed The Fosi BT20A pro...
I know you suggested me to go for T9 and I was also inclined towards it considering it had a dedicated DAC and an extremely retro awesome look with so many connection options and remote as well ( damn it has a remote 🤔) but I still went for fosi, considering it to be more future proof owing to more power and having both the connectivity options that I ll ever need...

I feel after getting a solid two or three way bookshelf pair (that's my next step) within lowest possible budget I am gonna go for the T9 or variant after it for sure...

Please stay tuned, I am yet to receive the amp, it's still in shipping... Yesterday got the banana plugs and a few other accessories to go with the setup...

Will update......

@greenhorn, BT was a must for me and the fosi costed me 7999... Will update
Many thanks for the time and inputs.. Please keep them coming for guys like us who are at the first step of their Budget audiophile journey.....

Hi just wanted to update that out of impulse and coz it came back online just for a minute.... I grabbed The Fosi BT20A pro...
I know you suggested me to go for T9 and I was also inclined towards it considering it had a dedicated DAC and an extremely retro awesome look with so many connection options and remote as well ( damn it has a remote 🤔) but I still went for fosi, considering it to be more future proof owing to more power and having both the connectivity options that I ll ever need...

I feel after getting a solid two or three way bookshelf pair (that's my next step) within lowest possible budget I am gonna go for the T9 or variant after it for sure...

Please stay tuned, I am yet to receive the amp, it's still in shipping... Yesterday got the banana plugs and a few other accessories to go with the setup...

Will update......

@greenhorn, BT was a must for me and the fosi costed me 7999... Will update
Many thanks for the time and inputs.. Please keep them coming for guys like us who are at the first step of their Budget audiophile journey.....
I’m thinking of grabbing the fosi bt20a pro. How did you go? I would greatly appreciate if you could share your experience with the fish and the sound quality etc.
Thank you.

I’m thinking of grabbing the fosi bt20a pro. How did you go? I would greatly appreciate if you could share your experience with the fish and the sound quality etc.
Thank you.
Well
Its been months really since I am using the fosi..
You may check my detailed review there at Amazon, it's the first one...
In a nut shell
Bluetooth audio performance is average owing to sbc/aac support only.
But as I use it with chromecast audio via rca input and the performance is very good...
Bass treble controls are handy..
Get a DAC like smsl su1 and you ll have a pretty good setup for starters..

Well
Its been months really since I am using the fosi..
You may check my detailed review there at Amazon, it's the first one...
In a nut shell
Bluetooth audio performance is average owing to sbc/aac support only.
But as I use it with chromecast audio via rca input and the performance is very good...
Bass treble controls are handy..
Get a DAC like smsl su1 and you ll have a pretty good setup for starters..
Thank you for your review. I have been thinking about the bluetooth performance too. I guess like you said one can add a chromecast, dac etc and use the RCA inputs. Good to know that sq via rca is good and that you are happy with the overall performance of the amp. Appreciate your reply. Have a great weekend and happy listening.

I have an A07 pro and the sound quality is better via RCA and so is the volume. Thinking of selling it though as I need a 2.1 amp

I have the BT30D Pro from Fosi and it works alright but it does tend to get harsh with already bordering on bright speakers like Focal.

It also lacks the oomph for my Wharfedale Lintons and sounds hollow.

These cheap Class D are decent enough for entry level bookshelves but class AB is definitely better.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back