Fourier Transforms - best video I watched that intituively describe them

It helps if you know a bit about DSP in general but still a worthy watch because it has a nice accompanying story 🙂
if you understand this, then you also have the answer of how speaker drivers produce multiple frequencies at the same time. Short answer: it doesn’t, and it doesn’t have to :)

if you understand this, then you also have the answer of how speaker drivers produce multiple frequencies at the same time. Short answer: it doesn’t, and it doesn’t have to :)
Correct, speaker drivers just reproduce whatever was fed. Fourier found a way to represent LTI (linear time invariant) signals using pure sign waves which enabled us to analyze and process a large class of signals conveniently. It only works with linear systems though

To elaborate on my point, Fourier Analysis and Mathematics are just tools. Nature is quite complex and we can use these tools only to a subset of our nature until we completely understand science. String theory tried extrapolating mathematics with the help of conjunctures like super-symmetry to understand true nature of our universe (i.e. complete science), and failed... Our theories and methods should be robust enough to explain the nature, shouldn't be other way around :) Sorry for the rant :p

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back