frankmehta gets a new Home Theater: Lots of pics. 56k Alert!

congrats frank.. wonderful setup..

@chiron.. he meant the internet speed.. alert for dial up connections (56k)..

+1 Alok. Thanks though!

Frank, the whole place is looking awesome. Though they are front ported, the general opinion seems to be that the ikon 6 needs plenty of breathing space, as Shanti has pointed out.

Thanks. Just see my reply to Shanti's post. I think that should explain your query. Trust me, it's really sounding very smooth. Bass is articulate, highs are (surprisingly) ALREADY smooth (only 10 hours of break in) and the mids are the reason why I bought the Dali floorstanders. They are just 'cream!'
I actually shut my eyes and drift off while listening to music. Fatigue is not even an issue here, and every affair is pleasure, since I get to hear new stuff in a song every day. Stuff, I never heard in all these years. Really!

Super FM !

If there is no 'sing along' it is super indeed...

All the Best !

Enjoy your music / movies.....

Some day, when you have the time & are up to it, just pull the speakers into the room about 3 to 4 feet & toe them in - about 5 to 7 degrees.
Keep the distance between you & the speaker the same as the gap in between the tweeters of the 2 speakers & play with the 'tilt'
Listen to 5 different CD's & make notes.
Then put it back, do the same test & make notes again...
I would love to know what you observe...

Please....

p.s. Also when you do your 'audio' only listening, put a big & thick turkish towel on your Plasma / Lcd & cover it.....
That in itself will make a huge difference....
Please do try all these things...

I know you like all this, so I am suggesting this to you...

p.s.s. Also place 2 carpets / rugs in front of the speakers ports on the ground about 9 to 15 inches in front of the speaker & 'listen' again....
Please....
Just do it for me, I want you to 'experience' the differences...

Thanks.

Congratulations frankmehta!!! The setup looks really cool and even the ambiance of the room is awesome. Good planning and very good pics.
As said by SANTNAI, try to bring down the surround speakers adjustments to the ear level. Normally it should be just 4-5 inches above your couch level. Only then you can experience the actual DOLBY surround sound.
Get a good Bluray player.. i guess you are fully loaded now. :)
Happy HT Experience.

rds
RD

FM, awesome set up, looks great, enjoy the music & the movies you watch, sit with a pop corn & you dont have to go to a theatre!

Congrats on your purchase. Few things to make adjustments so you can get better response from your setup.

Bring the speakers forward if you have room.
Toe L/R in, currently they seem to be facing straight
Definitely put a carpet down on the floor to prevent reflections.

Enjoy your setup in the meantime.

Completely blown away FRANK. Its a dream setup. Would like to see few videos with the TV playing action scenes in BATMAN. Just a wish :)

wow, just wow, i look at yours and now turn around looking mine, i feel so poor :D
proof added :(
photo0008.jpg

sucks to be poor

Congrats on your purchase. Few things to make adjustments so you can get better response from your setup.

Bring the speakers forward if you have room.
Toe L/R in, currently they seem to be facing straight
Definitely put a carpet down on the floor to prevent reflections.

Enjoy your setup in the meantime.

Hi marsilians. The Dali manual expressly asks for the speakers not to be toed in. In fact, they ask for the speakers to be slightly toed out to create that holographic soundstage that they are famous for.
As for me, I like them absolutely parallel to the wall. They sound best that way in my hall, as the holographic effect is actually very well presented that way.
Imaging is really pinpoint accurate. Somehow I feel the system JUST cannot sound better by doing anything more. I am THAT happy with the way it sounds.
The carpet you speak of was there for a few days, and then removed for later use. But it didn't make too big of a difference.

wow, just wow, i look at yours and now turn around looking mine, i feel so poor :D
proof added :(
photo0008.jpg

sucks to be poor

Come on man. To each, his own. I am sure it's not too late to start building something you aspire for.

There was a request in the earlier thread for a photo of the Mumbai landscape from the window at night.
Here goes.

2010-10-27211804DesktopResolution.jpg

As for the black level illustration of my Panasonic 50V20, here's a link to my post in another thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/12294-panasonic-v20-black-levels-illustrated-3.html#post189617

Price breakup from Frank's TeamBHP Post:

Denon AVR1910 : Rs. 45000
Dali Ikon 6 floorstanders Vinyl black: Rs. 78000
Dali Concept center channel Vinyl black: Rs. 12600
Wharfedale Diamond 10.FS Bipolar Surrounds Vinyl black: Rs. 12700
HSU Research VTF 2 MK3 Subwoofer Rosenut Veneer: Rs. 72900
Sommer NYFAZ Interior Cabling: Rs. 170/ meter if I am not wrong.

You have got a beautiful Living room Bro! Awesome setup and I am sure it will sound the best! That sub is huge!!

Why did you put the surrounds so much high? :)

Price breakup from Frank's TeamBHP Post:

Denon AVR1910 : Rs. 45000
Dali Ikon 6 floorstanders Vinyl black: Rs. 78000
Dali Concept center channel Vinyl black: Rs. 12600
Wharfedale Diamond 10.FS Bipolar Surrounds Vinyl black: Rs. 12700
HSU Research VTF 2 MK3 Subwoofer Rosenut Veneer: Rs. 72900
Sommer NYFAZ Interior Cabling: Rs. 170/ meter if I am not wrong.

that was the MRP of the Denon 1910. I got it in a very limited offer hence I posted this price.

^^^
Doesn't seem to be correct. I am very sure he got the AVR from ebay global buy for like 23K, iirc.
Good deal huh?:yahoo:

You have got a beautiful Living room Bro! Awesome setup and I am sure it will sound the best! That sub is huge!!

Why did you put the surrounds so much high? :)

thanks mate.
surrounds are high for aesthetic appeal only.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back