Fraud from Audiophile China, need help guys

alitaher2009

Hello, Recently i have ordered a YULONG D100 II DAC from Audiophile China.
Welcome to Audiophilechina

Now, after transferring 469$ to the seller Paypal Account, he stopped
replying all my mails suspecting something Fishy,i opened a dispute in the Paypal resolution Centre, after that he send me the Fedex tracking no- 899701904161, now after checking website for more then 2 days, i contacted
customer support, they said only shipping no is generated, the physical goods
has not been delivered to Fedex. after 16th oct, i can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. please give me any suggestions.

Go ahead with the dispute in Paypal. Claim non-receipt of goods and ask for full refund.

Also, did you use credit card when ordering via Paypal? If so contact credit card helpdesk and ask them to file a chargeback (Paypal will not like this) but it will guarantee the return of money.

Finally, be more careful when ordering from China. I prefer Singapore and Hong Kong myself. Or stick with more recognized online retailers like Ebay.

PayPal is quite pro buyer so u don't have much to worry about... Just make sure to keep the PayPal dispute ppl in the loop about what is going on... Like telling them the details u have posted here... It is not unheard off about Chinese sellers trying to dupe customers but the sellers generally won't accept PayPal as a mode of payment due to Paypal's strict policy against fraud... Also late shipping is quite common among Chinese sellers...

Go ahead with the dispute in Paypal. Claim non-receipt of goods and ask for full refund.

Also, did you use credit card when ordering via Paypal? If so contact credit card helpdesk and ask them to file a chargeback (Paypal will not like this) but it will guarantee the return of money.

Finally, be more careful when ordering from China. I prefer Singapore and Hong Kong myself. Or stick with more recognized online retailers like Ebay.

i have used Entropay Virtual Credit Card, do they support chargeback.

I have had my share of bad experience with Chinese online sites. I gave up after two months fight. Not because I accepted it, but because my time was more precious than the claim and stuff.

Don't trust a new online site unless you know them well or have a good reference.

What is this chargeback? Sorry about the ignorant question

Sent from mobile on a crappy keyboard. Pls excuse typos.

What is this chargeback? Sorry about the ignorant question

Sent from mobile on a crappy keyboard. Pls excuse typos.

Basically banks and credit card companies have authority to pull back funds even after the payment has been made i.e. A transfers money to B... A calls bank/credit card company and A's bank/credit card company will pull out funds from B's bank account and transfer back to A.

More details Chargeback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello, Recently i have ordered a YULONG D100 II DAC from Audiophile China.
Welcome to Audiophilechina

Now, after transferring 469$ to the seller Paypal Account, he stopped
replying all my mails suspecting something Fishy,i opened a dispute in the Paypal resolution Centre, after that he send me the Fedex tracking no- 899701904161, now after checking website for more then 2 days, i contacted
customer support, they said only shipping no is generated, the physical goods
has not been delivered to Fedex. after 16th oct, i can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. please give me any suggestions.

update guys, after paypal issue the seller has dispatched the pacakage
today. Will post a nice review of DAC, after receving. its been considered
best DAC under 500$.

When did you place the order BTW?
I think you should not worry much buying from a seller who has a decent website and selling only audiophile stuff rather than some cheap iphone speakers and counterfeit earphones. Plus that seller has good reputation on head-fi.org

4 -5 days time for the seller to ship the order is common there. Many Chinese sellers shy away from replying emails in English and on many occasions I found their vocabulary to be horrible.
And if Indian Post is involved in handling the delivery in India they do their fair share to mess the things up.

Any way nice to know from the tracking your item has been released from Mumbai customs.

Last edited:
Ahhh... cynicism born of experience? :sad:

I hope that the outcome here will be good, and that the thread title will be edited when it is.

Do not close the matter with paypal untill you receive the shipmnet. Once you mention the matter as settled, you won't be able to raise any further dispute with paypal in case something wrong crops up.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back