Free Usher Test CD giveaway - Guess our new Component

Not this. It does not have any test tones only a good mix of music that stresses the complete dynamics
I will post on sat.
Cheers

hi there love to have ur test cd . i to have some good test cds and have just setup a rec studio . waiting to hear it. c u tata

Auditioning the red wine audio signature was an eye (ear) opener:)
It is one of the most focused amplifiers I have ever heard. The instruments are so focused and defined, that you find a black, deep background surrounding the instruments.
A great amp for anyone who owns easy to drive speakers..:))
Thanks for the audition Sridhar?..

Auditioning the red wine audio signature was an eye (ear) opener:)
It is one of the most focused amplifiers I have ever heard. The instruments are so focused and defined, that you find a black, deep background surrounding the instruments.
A great amp for anyone who owns easy to drive speakers..:))
Thanks for the audition Sridhar?..

Whole bunch of questions...
Is it the Signature 30.2? How would you say it differs from the Odyssey Khartago?
What speakers did you hear it with?
Most importantly, what is the price like? Seems very promising.
Thanks!

Hi
Vinny heard it with the Usher CD-7->Odyssey candela->RWA 30.2->Be-718

You cannot compare the Sig 30.2 with the Odyssey Khartago.
1. The Khartago is about 1/3rd the price of the 30.2. Its a fantastic SS amp but its still an SS amp at the end of the day.
2. Its almost like comparing a SS amp to a tube amp.

RWA 30.2 is 15% over the $US price, btw in case you didnt know, the RWA is doing extraordinarily well. Vinnie is having a hard time fullfilling orders.
Srajan's review of the RWA 30.2 is worth a read and it covers numerous aspects. One thing that I do want to mention is that even though this is a 30 watt amp, its bass control is far superior. It does not rely on traditional capacitors for this purpose, instead it uses batteries for that instantaneous current. Also as Vinny mentioned, if you can think of "blacker than black" - a term used often in Video, applied in audio, then the RWA is it.

cheers

--------------------------------
Whole bunch of questions...
Is it the Signature 30.2? How would you say it differs from the Odyssey Khartago?
What speakers did you hear it with?
Most importantly, what is the price like? Seems very promising.
Thanks!

Particleman,
what speakers do you have? I use a tube CDP-> RWA 30.2-> Odyssey Lorelei (87dB) in a 26 x 13 room and there is more than enough juice to drive it.

Sridhar,

Thanks very much for the very helpful, detailed response(s). Much appreciated. Do not have an audiophile setup at present -- have purposely bought an entry-level setup as stop-gap -- but plan to improve in the (not-so-distant?) future, finances willing. As they say, the cobbler's children have no shoes. However I am being very cautious and taking my time so that when the time comes I will make a wise investment.

Very impressed with the equipment you are carrying. Hope to hear it when it arrives in Mumbai.

I got couple of messages from members who asked if I am into audio commercially?:confused:
Not at all.. The ??Vinnie? mentioned by Sridhar is Vinnie Rossi of red wine audio.

I am using RWA 30.2 Power amp. with Quads 2805 electrostatic speakers and they sound fantastic. Very warm and smooth with great bass for battery driven Amp.
I only wish they had another 10 or 20 watts so that the amp. would not clip at higher volume levels for these 88db sensitive speakers. Otherwise it is an ideal match for Quads.
For High sensivity speakers and 8 ohms impedance this will be a very very good amplifier.

Hi SKR
thanks for posting this. Great to hear from a user of the 30.2. Have you tried this on any other speaker? Ofcourse there is the 70.2 for more power :) Are you using the integrated version or the power amp version?

cheers

Hi,
I am having both but i feel that Power Amp.version is better for Quads compared to Integrated which has difficutly in driving at moderately high volumes.
Vinnie says technically both are same and should not have any difference.
I am not in India now and do not use it there. But otherwise I have a home in New Delhi also.
I have not yet tried with other speakers yet. But i do have a Omega Grande-6 and Triangle titus and I am sure this will also make a good match.
I was not knowing there was an importer in India otherwise i would have definitely bought from you.
It is a FANTASTIC AMPLIFIER for High sensitivity speakers
Thanks
SKR

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back