Fried my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ in the rain. Need replacement.

John

Folks,

Sorry to report that I have fried my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ while running in the rain. It has taken abuse of many years, including falling into a bucket of water once, and many runs in the rain. But it is now gone. :mad:

I am looking for a cheap replacement for it. The priorities are:

1) Ultra small size (like the Clip+).
2) Some water resistance required. As I often have to go running in the rain and it rains a lot here! (However, considering my low budget, I am ready to for go using it in the rain)
3) Cheap ( I am thinking 1.5K) :D
4) This is to be used with my Sennheiser PMX80 II water-resistant earphones. I would like to continue using these as they are well suited for road running, as they permit you to hear your surroundings as well.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I would say buy another Sansa Clip+ or a Clip Zip since it's hard to beat them at their price points with any other products IMHO. But at 1.5k I would say have a look at the Transcend MP330. However, it has a 8GB variant and won't play FLAC's.

invest in a water proof running pouch belt. Runningandliving.com offers a belt and I am using it for many years. This way you can use your mobile also while running.

For this budget you are not going to get any better PMP. Why not use your existing mobile until you decide for a decent budget.

Thanks guys. I finally invested in the more expensive Sony W273. I got a used one though from a friend who bought it and only used it a couple of times.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back