Friends Arphi Challenger Speakers modded into MTM's

denom

Banned
Banned
Friend of mine had an old pair of Arphi Challenger Speakers lying with him unused for more than a decade as the woofers were finished. He still held onto these speakers as sentimental value, them being the first pair of speakers bought by his bro. Had been after him to get them repaired/refurbished but as usual something or the other prevented him from doing so. Finally he handed over the speakers to me about a month back, after which they went straight to my friend sandeep, who makes speakers & also refurbishes old ones.

These were originally having 2 X 8" woofers & 1 tweeter, were sealed cabs, but now they have been ported & have 2 X 6.5" Peerless denmark drivers & 1 X 25mm silk dome tweeter again peerless. The changed made were in accordance to my friends liking of fast bass & accordingly the x overs were also tuned for his liking. Binding posts also added as originally there were none:p Sandeep also re-enforced the old particle board cabs to the best that he could, changed the baffle & polished the outer surface of the cabs.

I just got them back from sandeep yesterday, pics of the before & after attached below :D

otnmz9.jpg

t7gzz4.jpg

2hxazh3.jpg

2yln4up.jpg

2yvsxmo.jpg

anzfki.jpg

6fs3ty.jpg

160q59l.jpg

wjg9kj.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Spiro, t antony & kannan,

Am just enjoying these before my friend comes & collects them. Played a bit of the blues today. Now for some hard rock this evening :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back