request you to kindly put up a few pics of your system
would like to see it
Thanks & regards
Sorry for the late reply. Here are a few pics.
It is a Stereo and 5.1 (HT) system in a 10'x15' room. The room is untreated, and is connected to my living room (separated by glass doors).
As you will see in the pics below, I have moved the speakers and listening position quite a bit away from the walls - this has helped with focus and soundstage.
Subwoofer position not final. Still trying to figure this one out!
View from my living room
- There are large windows behind the listening position. Covered with curtains.
- I remove the headrest of the listening chair when doing critical listening.
- The wall to the left of the listening position has wooden panels (plywood with wood veneer, supported by a wood frame. This was done for interior design (and not acoustics)
- There are large glass doors to the right of the listening position - these are covered with roller blinds - ideally there should have been curtains, but it did not fit the interior design
Dropdown screen (motorized). Made locally.
There's no easy way to make this mess look nice!
- Furutech NCF (rhodium) receptacles. I think they make a significant impact to the sound.
- Didn't buy the Furutech cover plates (too expensive)
- Triode Wire Labs power cords
- Lead-acid battery for the pre-amp.
- Have put weights on the components. Need to find a more aesthetic solution.
- Isoacoustics GaiaIII footers under the Dynaudio stands
-Sound Foundations cerabase under the amp, dac and pre
- SoundFoundations roller-blocks under the Oppo 103
- I have quite heavily modified the Oppo. Some of it was just for fun, and some actually improved the sound. A few changes I made:
-Removed the stock smps and put in a linear power supply (from Oppomod)
- Removed the analog board and the optical output (as these are not in use)
- Changed the IEC inlet to a Furutech NCF IEC
- Changed the stock wire from the IEC to the LPS (put Mundorf wire)
- Changed the stock cable from the LPS to the Digital Board (put silver plated copper)
- I think the system sounds good. I stream Netflix and Tidal for 95% of my listening/watching.
- Recently tried the SMS-200-Ultra - it added a lot of drive/clarity to the sound - so now I am thinking that a new streamer endpoint is the next step. But then it is more boxes/more cables/more tweaks. This never ends!