From Floor Standers to Stand Mounts, real estate to blame..

whats the budget like ? maybe you will get better suggestions that way.

mpw

I am looking with in 85 K, probably used one. Warm sounding, detailed, airy and Vibrant sound is preferred; vocals not overpowering instruments (big spec ?)

Liked Naim 5i, my kind of music with rhythmic presentation, but felt little under powered.

Do you know who is dealing Audessey in India ? Any places to audition ?

Last edited:
Great, you see the results of your experimentation. Now, before you contemplate that only the amp is at fault, I would suggest you try playing around with a few ICs ie. CD -> -> amp. You would be amazed at the kind of difference in sound clarity and signatures generated, with each IC giving out a different flavor.

I was playing around the source for sometime with CD Player, DAC , BDP,Media player etc. While there were differences in terms of clarity, detail, scale and of course Bass n treble characteristics, the approach to the presentation was always same. It was the AMPs characteristics, that was immediately visible. Little dusky, muscular and not really free flowing.

having owned a NAD C356 in the past, i can say that the amp is good - at its price point. As you delve deeper you will find the kind of sound you really like and a price tag attached.

mpw
=====================================================

356 is a very good amp, especially as you noted , for its price (but I think current prices in India is touching up to 62). Rugged, reliable , powerful. A lot of reason for many to like its muscular, powerful sound and great sound stage & stereo imaging.

Probably I am getting to the stage of System Matching and is search of the sonic characteristics which my brain accepts. (Probably it is a never ending process :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back