Front & centre position

spirovious

Hi,

I want to know can I place fronts 3 feet above centre ch with
distance of 6 ft in between Rt & Lt?

Centre will be on top of TV.Due to show-case I have the option of the
above.

Will it affect sound effect of HT or music? any other way of setup?

Hi,

I want to know can I place fronts 3 feet above centre ch with
distance of 6 ft in between Rt & Lt?

Centre will be on top of TV.Due to show-case I have the option of the
above.

Will it affect sound effect of HT or music? any other way of setup?

There will be a significant drop in the quantity and quality of the sound. Satelites ought to be kept at ear level.

The tweeters of the fronts should be at ear level (while seated). The center channel can be either above or below the tv but it should be aimed directly at you. If it is above the TV, then pointed slightly downwards and if below then either straight ahead or pointing upwards so that there is a straight line from it to your ears. You can get a "cradle" for the front to make these adjustments.

Sat can be placed like that.Infact sat are designed so.
As particle man suggested tweeters shd be in ear level in case of BS and TS.If you think it affects the quality tilt the speaker with help of a small wooden piece or stand so that tweeters are towards ears.(High Freq is directional)

I was searching for the link

Home Audio Speaker Placement - Articles - Education - Polk Audio

"Palm-sized satellite are designed to provide good sound when placed on a wall and often come with wall mounting brackets. But, as with other types of speakers, you should avoid placing the satellites within two feet of side walls. Since wall mounting satellites precludes placing them in front of the TV screen, place wall mounted satellites higher than the top of the TV"
"
spkrdist2.jpg

With satellites you have some flexibility, you can aim them downwards slightly as some have said but I don't think such a height difference as you've mentioned will work well. As for distance between them, it should be roughly an equilateral triangle between the fronts and the listener. If they are 6 ft apart, you should be 6 ft away from the center.

Cardas Golden Ratio placement formulas is another way of placement.3 feet seems fine for me.But haven't tried.

Cardas Golden Ratio placement formulas is another way of placement.3 feet seems fine for me.But haven't tried.

IMO, having 1 foot above/below the ear level is a better solution than tilting.

Btw, do you mind sharing why do you intend to keep them up so high?

Its just because of type of interiers.No such provision for bookshelfs.
only for satalites.

Okay. So there is no choice. Then do what other friends have suggested. Tilt and direct your satelites to the listening position.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back