front panel design

kaushik

Here again i am focussing on cabinet design of amp ..
I came across a front-panel design freeware :

Name : FRONT PANEL DESIGN

at :
Front Panel Examples�*- Front Panel Express, LLC > Front Panel Service for North America

the software looks like a CAD package with the readymade components:
Thru-hole, ## the diameter can be specified as well as whether the thru-hole should be threaded or counter-sunk.
Rectangular thru-hole,## the height, width, rotation angle and corner-radius can be specified.
D-Hole, ## this thru-hole is leveled on one or two sides, e.g.: BNC sockets. The diameter and the width of the D-hole as well as the optional one or two sided leveling can be specified.
Cavity## , this is a rectangular or round area with a certain depth of material removed. The radius, the height, width, depth, corner radius and rotating angle can be specified.

Text Engraving## , can be chosen from a variety of fonts. The size of font, extension in x-direction, rotating angle, alignment, color lay-out, line spacing and angle can be specified.
HPGL-Engraving, ## this offers possibilities for custom graphics like company logos, which have been designed with a different design program ie: AutoCAD. The previously loaded HPGL file is selected and placed on the front panel. The file can be rotated and scaled. You can assign tools and colors to the pens in the HPGL file.

Library Object,## for all objects that cannot be produced with the above listed objects. There are existing libraries including the most common shapes and forms.
Macro Elements,## these are a number of objects grouped together as one object. You can create your own macros.
System Hole,## you can automatically incorporate cavities and thru-holes for specific systems, e.g.: Mounting holes to mount the front panel to a 19? Rack. The actual size of the front panel is taken into consideration.

The software has save, print only options and no export to other formats.

one can use a PDF virtual printer such as PDF 995 to get the pdf of the design.

Also it has the price calculator and one can order the panels within USA .

Kaushik

Here again i am focussing on cabinet design of amp ..
I came across a front-panel design freeware :

Name : FRONT PANEL DESIGN

at :
Front Panel Examples�*- Front Panel Express, LLC > Front Panel Service for North America

the software looks like a CAD package with the readymade components:
Thru-hole, ## the diameter can be specified as well as whether the thru-hole should be threaded or counter-sunk.
Rectangular thru-hole,## the height, width, rotation angle and corner-radius can be specified.
D-Hole, ## this thru-hole is leveled on one or two sides, e.g.: BNC sockets. The diameter and the width of the D-hole as well as the optional one or two sided leveling can be specified.
Cavity## , this is a rectangular or round area with a certain depth of material removed. The radius, the height, width, depth, corner radius and rotating angle can be specified.

Text Engraving## , can be chosen from a variety of fonts. The size of font, extension in x-direction, rotating angle, alignment, color lay-out, line spacing and angle can be specified.
HPGL-Engraving, ## this offers possibilities for custom graphics like company logos, which have been designed with a different design program ie: AutoCAD. The previously loaded HPGL file is selected and placed on the front panel. The file can be rotated and scaled. You can assign tools and colors to the pens in the HPGL file.

Library Object,## for all objects that cannot be produced with the above listed objects. There are existing libraries including the most common shapes and forms.
Macro Elements,## these are a number of objects grouped together as one object. You can create your own macros.
System Hole,## you can automatically incorporate cavities and thru-holes for specific systems, e.g.: Mounting holes to mount the front panel to a 19? Rack. The actual size of the front panel is taken into consideration.

The software has save, print only options and no export to other formats.

one can use a PDF virtual printer such as PDF 995 to get the pdf of the design.

Also it has the price calculator and one can order the panels within USA .

Kaushik

Hi,

This is a very useful information. Downloaded and installed the freeware. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Muthu

Good to know that ,some one found it helpful !

Muthu, waiting to see your work .... i mean design :)

Kaushik

Kaushik,

Me and my friend have designed a front and rear panel (by referring various amplifiers:)) using MS Word and MS Paint. We are now trying with the software given by you. Will post you the pictures soon. Can we do the rear panel design using that tool?

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Kaushik,

Me and my friend have designed a front and rear panel (by referring various amplifiers:)) using MS Word and MS Paint. We are now trying with the software given by you. Will post you the pictures soon. Can we do the rear panel design using that tool?

Regards,
Muthusami. S

I want muthusami email thk you.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back