FULL HD Televesion 40 42

prithivi

Hello friends i am plannin to buy a Full hd tv for my set up
Price : 30k to 40k(GREY)

Brand : Any brand but 90% sony preferable(easily and cheaply available in grey )

USB Play back is not a problem Because i play from my laptop

i need the Full HD 1080P picture and good picture clarity

Price : 30k to 40k(GREY)
Brand : Any brand but 90% sony preferable(easily and cheaply available in grey )

You already have your preference set so why ask for suggestion, get the 40" ex400 from burma bazzar.

thanks mate but i would like to even consider samsung if their range of series is better than sony do yo know the price for 40 ex400

picture in the sense of color and sharpness

AFAIK you don't get samsung lcds in grey market.

The cheapest FHD 40" lcds currently one can buy in indian soil are Sony in the grey market.

Both samsung and Sony are pretty similar you can't go wrong with either.

Cannot understand why people still want to spend so much in a Grey Market product. The grey market stuff was quite popular till some time back but nowadays people mostly buy things with bill and warranty. Maybe you have a budget constraint.

Another thing is this myth about FULL HD lcd. I personally think their is no necessity to go for Full HD (1080p) tv. I have seen the SD content and the HD content on both the HD ready and Full HD tv and I can bet a layman would not be able to notice any difference between the two. The HD content looks excellent on both 1080p(Full HD) and 720p(HD Ready) TV. Also that only a couple of HD channels are available as of now and that too only in 1080i format which should look good on both the Full HD and HD ready tv's. Even the Blu ray should look equal on both the tv's with hardly any difference visible to the naked eye. So I would suggest just look for a tv which is good on SD and stop worrying about the full HD part.

^^ This is a very practical advice from wingsoffire. +1

We dont have much archive telecasted on full HD in india, plus u will only notice difference in screens 50 inches or more.

Cannot understand why people still want to spend so much in a Grey Market product. The grey market stuff was quite popular till some time back but nowadays people mostly buy things with bill and warranty. Maybe you have a budget constraint.

Another thing is this myth about FULL HD lcd. I personally think their is no necessity to go for Full HD (1080p) tv. I have seen the SD content and the HD content on both the HD ready and Full HD tv and I can bet a layman would not be able to notice any difference between the two. The HD content looks excellent on both 1080p(Full HD) and 720p(HD Ready) TV. Also that only a couple of HD channels are available as of now and that too only in 1080i format which should look good on both the Full HD and HD ready tv's. Even the Blu ray should look equal on both the tv's with hardly any difference visible to the naked eye. So I would suggest just look for a tv which is good on SD and stop worrying about the full HD part.

Well why shouldn't one spend so much on a grey market,the price difference in this case is around 20k,just for a 1 year limited warranty and bill.
You have no idea how much lcds sell in the grey market and i wouldn't be surprised if sony grey market sales outsell many big retail chains.
When i asked a couple of showrooms braches of unilet,viveks in bangalore as to how many sony lcds they sell in a month,its usually in single digits or even zero,where as one of the small 100SQ ft grey market shop sell atleast 2 to 3 sony lcds a day based on my own observation.

My uncle got a quote for dynaudio C2 speakers and it turned out to be around 1.20lakh cheaper in grey market then buying in showroom and thats a lot.He had no budget constraint.But when i said him about the grey market option he preferred buying it from a cheaper source.

FHD does make a difference as the screen size increases and if one is into gaming.
If one start to argue that one can't see much of a difference b/w a HD ready and FHD ,the same thing can be said for the tvs black levels

Last edited:
Well the Sony 40BX400 is available for around 55k with bill. So as per your calculation will it be true to say that this would be available for approx 35k in grey ?
Can someone provide the exact price of Sony 40bx400 in Grey ?

Its just that with my previous experience of Grey Market products and in my own limited sense of understanding I would just not be inclined to spend such a high amount for a grey market tv. May be for a car stereo set costing 10k but definitely not for a 40k lcd/plasma. I have seen far too many instances when people have suffered at the hands of Gaffar Market dealers in Karol Bagh New Delhi or Palika Bazaar connaught place. The list includes myself.

If I have to spend 40k on a Full Hd grey market Sony Lcd I would rather prefer spending it on something like a LG 42lh35 which should be available for around 42k with bill and warranty. In this range a Plasma could well be considered in between the following choices :-
Pana 42X10 - 32000
Pana 42X20 - 38000
Both with 3 year warranty.
Sammy 42c450 - 38000

The lowest quote I have recd for the 2010 Samsung 40c530 full hd LCD happens to be 46k which is not far from Prithvi's range.

But this is my personal preference. Obviously a lot of people think different and still might want to go for the Grey Market stuff. Not my cup of tea.

As far as the Full hd v/s Hd ready is concerned this is again a matter of long argument that can go for ever. I am not the most tech savvy guy like a lot of you guys here but I do have a basic understanding. In the above post I was just saying what I saw and experienced in the showroom.
By the number of posts you have made on this forum I am sure you know a lot more than what I do.
So happy hunting for the LCD.

Well the Sony 40BX400 is available for around 55k with bill. So as per your calculation will it be true to say that this would be available for approx 35k in grey ?
Can someone provide the exact price of Sony 40bx400 in Grey ?

Its just that with my previous experience of Grey Market products and in my own limited sense of understanding I would just not be inclined to spend such a high amount for a grey market tv. May be for a car stereo set costing 10k but definitely not for a 40k lcd/plasma. I have seen far too many instances when people have suffered at the hands of Gaffar Market dealers in Karol Bagh New Delhi or Palika Bazaar connaught place. The list includes myself.

If I have to spend 40k on a Full Hd grey market Sony Lcd I would rather prefer spending it on something like a LG 42lh35 which should be available for around 42k with bill and warranty. In this range a Plasma could well be considered in between the following choices :-
Pana 42X10 - 32000
Pana 42X20 - 38000
Both with 3 year warranty.
Sammy 42c450 - 38000

The lowest quote I have recd for the 2010 Samsung 40c530 full hd LCD happens to be 46k which is not far from Prithvi's range.

But this is my personal preference. Obviously a lot of people think different and still might want to go for the Grey Market stuff. Not my cup of tea.

As far as the Full hd v/s Hd ready is concerned this is again a matter of long argument that can go for ever. I am not the most tech savvy guy like a lot of you guys here but I do have a basic understanding. In the above post I was just saying what I saw and experienced in the showroom.
By the number of posts you have made on this forum I am sure you know a lot more than what I do.
So happy hunting for the LCD.

42c450 at 38K
40c530 at 46K

both are excellent deals.. Is it with exchange of old TV?
these are the lowest price I heard in this forum..

But I got quote for C450 for 47k and C430 for 44k. The difference is between usb playback between these two models. I am in Kolkata.
:(

I wud hv gone for LG42LD460 but the price is 51k. Also got quotes for LGLH80 for 60K and some JAzz model for also 60k. Are these good deals?
Whats the prices for LA40C630 and LA40C550?

But I got quote for C450 for 47k and C430 for 44k. The difference is between usb playback between these two models. I am in Kolkata.
:(

I wud hv gone for LG42LD460 but the price is 51k. Also got quotes for LGLH80 for 60K and some JAzz model for also 60k. Are these good deals?
Whats the prices for LA40C630 and LA40C550?

C450 and C430 both have usb playbacks. The difference is to do with 1 lesser hdmi connection in 430 and some lesser computer connectivity options. 450 should be the better pick just for a difference of 3k.
I am not really a big fan of LG so cannot comment.
Sammy 40c630 should be available for around 58k and 50c550 for around 51k.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back