Full Review - Vu 140cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (LTDN55XT780XWAU3D_HDR)

macho3215

I had recently purchased a Vu 140cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (LTDN55XT780XWAU3D_HDR) from Flipkart.

Looks : The TV looks nice. Nothing to brag about but not bad.

Picture Quality : The picture quality is excellent for UHD content. Colors are really punchy and lifelike. HD TV channels look great. Even SD channels look reasonably good. The TV does a reasonably good job of upscaling HD and SD content. HDR works but comparing UHD content vs UHD+HDR content is kind of difficult. The TV does recognize and play HDR. The TV is really bright and black levels are good.

Audio Quality : The audio quality is better than many LED's out there. The speakers are facing backwards instead of downwards so wall mounting doesn't impact the audio too much.

Smart Functions : YouTube and netflix work well. The remote has dedicated buttons for both. The cast functionality works. Other smart features are mostly non existent. Plex requires you to setup another device with plex server. No Kodi or Amazon Video available.

CEC : The function works well. I am able to control xbox and nvidia shield using CEC via the TV remote.

Port accessibility : All of the ports are accessible after wall mount. I could plug in a SPDIF post wall mount pretty easily. And this port is on the back of the TV. The ports on the side are really easy to reach even after wall mounting.

Playback through USB device : The TV pretty much plays all formats that are thrown at it without breaking a sweat. Playback works flawlessly. There was one case where there was no audio but even my shield couldn't decode the audio on that one so I'll not complain.

The picture quality is at par with the Samsung and the Sony's the only drawback is the Opera OS that's pretty much useless but YouTube and Netflix are a saving grace. Smartness wasn't much of a consideration for me anyways because I already have the Nvidia Shield.
The only real contender that I see to this TV are the Iffalcon and the MI TV. Both of which are pretty difficult to grab as on date. I have no way to compare my purchase to any of them. So far so good.

Can't think of anything else to add. Do let me know if you have any questions that I can check out for you.

PQ at par with Samsung and Sony? Please let us which particular model or models you are referring to?

All Vu Tv's are rebranded Hisense. However they never rebrand the good ones. Hisense sells some really bang for buck Tv's in western countries.

All Vu Tv's are rebranded Hisense. However they never rebrand the good ones. Hisense sells some really bang for buck Tv's in western countries.
This one looks good. This is from one of the reviews on flipkart ' Now I have seen lots of 4k tvs from other companies and I must say this product is definitely better then the entry level 4k tvs of Sony x7000e or Sony x7500e, Samsung mu6100 and LG uj632 and if you want better than this you have to spend little more get atleast sony x8200e or Samsung mu6470 but for 55 inch TV you have to extend you budget to near about 1.3 lakh'.

I couldn't find many references to this product on the forum but reviews on youtube are good. One of them even compares this side by side with LG and Samsung.

This is the complete Spec sheet that I received from VU.

Attachments

• 4_Vu_LTDN55XT780XWAU3D_HDR UHD.pdf
    685.8 KB · Views: 28
This is the complete Spec sheet that I received from VU.
Hey, thanks for detailed review. I am also interested in this model. Hence today I visited VU store in pune. Found only 65" version of pixlight HDR. 2 TB hard disc easily detected by TV. Played some 4k and 1080p videos. Both looks good, specially 4k was really good. But as it is 8 bit panel, hence TV was unable to play 10 bit videos. The store person told me that there is another 10 bit model of same model number. But this info has not found on VUs site .Is anyone know about 10 bit panel in pixlight HDR series?
Also store person failed to show demo of screen mirroring. Tv was not connected to redmi smartphone. While playing videos, colors found very saturated. Tried some calibration in settings, then PQ found good.

Hey, thanks for detailed review. I am also interested in this model. Hence today I visited VU store in pune. Found only 65" version of pixlight HDR. 2 TB hard disc easily detected by TV. Played some 4k and 1080p videos. Both looks good, specially 4k was really good. But as it is 8 bit panel, hence TV was unable to play 10 bit videos. The store person told me that there is another 10 bit model of same model number. But this info has not found on VUs site .Is anyone know about 10 bit panel in pixlight HDR series?
Also store person failed to show demo of screen mirroring. Tv was not connected to redmi smartphone. While playing videos, colors found very saturated. Tried some calibration in settings, then PQ found good.
The TV has 8 bit panel but it accepts and plays 10 bit input. I have tried playing 10 bit videos off my 2 TB HDD and the TV plays pretty much anything thrown at it. My shield shows options of 10 bit and 12 bit inputs and the TV works fine with both of them.

Anybody tried playing wide aspect videos (like 21:9) using USB?
Any files higher than 1920 stretches to fill screen and aspect ratio control doesn't work...

Anybody tried playing wide aspect videos (like 21:9) using USB?
Any files higher than 1920 stretches to fill screen and aspect ratio control doesn't work...
Haven't tried. Can you point me to some examples of the kind of videos that you are trying to play and I can test them for you.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back