galaxy S with excelent audio

kaushik

took a galaxy S phone recently good convincing audio so far. Plays FLAC too!
phone senses line out and give required signal levels.

XDA developer are doin good to use best audio options from it :

When you plug the 3.5mm jack out to a line-level device (ex : sound card line-in, hi-fi amplifier)

- Line out frequency response is perfectly flat. It can be called extremely accurate for a mobile device.
GSMArena review (plugged to a 20kOhms impedance line-in) confirm this excellent result

- Output level is standardized for line-out output.

When you plug the 3.5mm jack out to a headphone device (any headphone)

- Headphone frequency response is modified.
My ears would say approx :
+6db from 35 to 200hz
-2db for 500hz to 5khz
+6db from 10khz to 12khz
+3db from 12 to 16khz
gsmarena_a001.png

The result sounds like a strong loudness filter.
And you can say good bye to most of voice definition, instrument musicality, sound stage, stereo image and... listening pleasure
Audio review http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9000_galaxy_s-review-478p6.php

phone has very good control on opamp and DAC.default sound is good ..after these mods may be sounding best
the thread :
[REF] Was: Headphones sound quality fix and improvements for Galaxy S (obsolete now) - xda-developers

Last edited:
You are following an obsolete thread. Best sound improvements come through Voodoo Sound enabled kernels which gives you max dynamic range by maximizing DAC audio output to the amp and eliminating some filters on the way. More on: [BOUNTY] Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v7: DAC Direct fixed - xda-developers

You are right - SGS is one of the best Hardware having arguably the best DAC on a mobile phone. Its Amp or preamp complements well with the excellent DAC which makes this phone 2010 EISA award winner and has won GUINNESS WORLD RECORD by selling more than 10 million phones (and it was about 2 months back!). Galaxy S has become the most bought phone in the world! I love this phone and xda-forum has made it arguably the best phone available till date! I am using Gingerbread 2.3.3 which is hardly available on other phones.

I couldnt agree more, as I too find the audio excellent on my SGS.Coupled with me Xears xb120, it's giving my sansa clip plus a good run for the money. The only two problems are lack of battery backup and loudness.

I couldnt agree more, as I too find the audio excellent on my SGS.Coupled with me Xears xb120, it's giving my sansa clip plus a good run for the money. The only two problems are lack of battery backup and loudness.

There are quite a few models of Galaxy. Can you refer me the model number that you are referring to. Sorry for a noob question.

it gives v good backup .. i watch 2 mvies + 30songs daily BATT goes 65% .. use task killer pro .!

it gives v good backup .. i watch 2 mvies + 30songs daily BATT goes 65% .. use task killer pro .!

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy S I9000 yesterday. I am vey satisfied with its video and loudspeaker audio. The supplied ear-phone sucks, but with my sennheiser headphone the sound was pretty good with sufficient bass.

Kausihik ji, if you see 2 movies and listen to 30 songs daily and battery goes to 65%, then it is quite good. What's 'Task Killer Pro'? Does it help in improving battry back-up? Throw some more light for our knowledge please.

I use advanced task kiler. Running it on darkys rom v9.0. The backup is good unless I surf the net too much, esp on 3g.
Sups, its samsung galaxy s i9000.

Last edited:
^^
Howmuch you paid for the galaxy?

Any one know the price of Galaxy S II :licklips: ?

Sorry for OT question.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back