Genelec G4 for Home Use

Kousttav

Hello everyone! have logged in after many moons. I need your wisdom to guide me make an expensive decision :)
Planning to buy the Genelec G4 for home. I am more into music and not much into movies, so will prefer a good stereo set up. In my office we have Genelec installed in our conference rooms, obviously the studio models not sure of their names though.
firstly, where do I find Genelec in Delhi. Google had not been supportive in this regard :-(
secondly, I have many devices, like Apple TV, PS3, TV etc. Then obviously I would need an Pre Amp to connect all of these? which one should I pick up? does these Pre amp have bluetooth and HDMI capabilities? money is no concern. please suggest the best option for the best audio experience. last but not the least, do I need to buy the subwoofer as well? my room is 400 Sq ft big

Thanks you guys in advance.
Kousttav

I know you said stereo, but you also said that budget isn't a concern, so I'll suggest the Trinnov as a pre-amp. It seems to be a nearly unanimous opinion that their RC software is a cut above the rest, and IMO, RC is the biggest differentiation between processors.

Genelec are more used in studios to monitor/mix music, which means they tend to be extremely detailed and accurate to the point of being clinical.But if that is what you are looking for, then they might fit the bill. As i have not heard the G4 personally, i don't have a stand for or against it.
For the budget you can get a decent pair of bookshelf speakers and an integrated amplifier, something that can be upgraded over time if needed.
fm @prateekatasniya has Genelec's ( Not the same G4's) who might be able to give you better input regarding the sound.

Genelec are more used in studios to monitor/mix music, which means they tend to be extremely detailed and accurate to the point of being clinical.But if that is what you are looking for, then they might fit the bill. As i have not heard the G4 personally, i don't have a stand for or against it.
For the budget you can get a decent pair of bookshelf speakers and an integrated amplifier, something that can be upgraded over time if needed.
fm @prateekatasniya has Genelec's ( Not the same G4's) who might be able to give you better input regarding the sound.
G4 is nothing but 8040b in different color and connector.
Treble tilt on these speakers is awesome to change sound.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back