Getting Green Strip with Fire Stick 4K and Vu Premium Android(43-OA)

firephoenix

Hi,

Recently bought VU Premium Android and using Fire TV Stick 4K along with this but I am getting a Green Strip at bottom of the TV whenever I am playing any Dolby Vision Content.

Always HDR+Automatic Upto 4K -> Getting green strip on every content content, even on home page of Fire TV Stick
Adaptive+Automatic Upto 4K -> Getting green strip only on playing Dolby Vision Content

I tried to install Netflix app on TV itself and it is playing all the Dolby Vision Content on TV properly without any issues.

Have contacted both Amazon and Vu team about this issue and both are clueless about it and are not able to help.

Posting few images of the issue

It's a faulty video decoding issue
What's happening is that the video chain is unable to handle the extra bandwidth coming in on DV/HDR
The fact that the TV app is working fine would mean the panel itself is fine but something on the HDMI path is faulty

While it can happen with a poor quality HDMI cable, I assume you have the stick connected directly to a HDMI port on the TV which would point to an issue on the TV HDMI board.

Just to be doubly sure, try the same fire stick on another TV
And in case there is a HDMI cable in the chain, take that out of the equation first..

I was checking on Amazon Device Forums and even another user is facing the same issue on same TV and Fire TV Stick, and he claims he has checked it with PS4 Pro also and there are no issues.

It is Vu Premium Android with Cricket mode, even checked with Vu about this and they are saying that its a software issue and they have handled these kind of one or two issues earlier, they tried to update the software on my TV also but it remained on the June Security Patch as it was during the first boot, I can't even get the replacement from Flipkart as it is already a 2nd replacement and last day for return is 15th November, so if the issue doesn't gets fixed by then either by Vu or Amazon then would have to return the TV. :(

Surprisingly this issue was not there on Vu Premium Android without cricket mode which I received first time and that TV was on January Security patch, I have told Vu Technical team to try to downgrade the update to January Patch and then check

Oh that's a big bar at the bottom. Did you try resetting the tv to factory settings?

Also as suggested try the firestick on another tv or on neighbours tv although i doubt it's the firestick at fault.

MaSh

Oh that's a big bar at the bottom. Did you try resetting the tv to factory settings?

Also as suggested try the firestick on another tv or on neighbours tv although i doubt it's the firestick at fault.

MaSh
Yes I tried factory reset for TV, even just now plugged in PS4 and even that was working with no issues, and I don't think there is any HDMI fault because if some other users are also facing this same issue with Fire Tv then HDMI port might not be problematic for everyone, rather it might be a Software issue, don't know.

Tried Fire Tv Stick on another UHD tv and it was working fine but that TV isn't supporting Dolby Vision so can't be sure where the issue stands.

Pls try a new HDMI cable, and ensure that it is firmly connected. Just try and see if that works.

I had the same problem. I called vu customer support and they sent a technition to reinstall thr tv software and that fixed the problem.
Let me know if anyone needs the steps and link to the software to try it by yourself.

Like others said already, these types of issues occur mostly because of HDMI cables. Try to use a different one.

Vu Technical Team updated the Software on my TV through USB to some other June patch and the issue has been fixed, but now there is another bug/feature don't know what to call it that I have found in this TV, although I am using it as earlier Dolby Vision Content didn't used to look good on default setting, so when I am playing any Dolby Vision Content on Netflix, and going to Picture Settings, on selecting Picture Mode as:

Dolby Vision Bright - All the TV picture settings become available like Brightness, Contrast, Calibration, Advanced, Ultra Smooth Motion etc.
Dolby Vision Dark - All the picture settings get disabled, and not able to change anything.

Can anyone confirm who are having some other Dolby Vision Compatible TV that do they have the same scenario or are the Picture Settings available or disabled for both modes?

I thought of sharing this just in case it helps someone.
I had this green screen issue with Amazon Fire Stick 4K. It was more of a horizontal stripe instead of a full green screen.
I solved the green stripe issue at the bottom of the screen with the following steps:

Go to Home > Settings > Display & Sound > Dynamic Range Settings
Choose "Adaptive".

Viola! :)

I had this green screen issue with Amazon Fire Stick 4K. It was more of a horizontal stripe instead of a full green screen.
I solved the green stripe issue at the bottom of the screen with the following steps:

Choose "Adaptive".

perfect worked for me.. thx

Choose "Adaptive".

The issue comes again while playing Dolby Vision content via Netflix.

Continuing an old thread. Any solution to this issue? Problem seen on playing dolby vision content on netflix thru firestick 4k.

I had the same problem. I called vu customer support and they sent a technition to reinstall thr tv software and that fixed the problem.
Let me know if anyone needs the steps and link to the software to try it by yourself.
Hi... facing the same problem since purchase in 2018.... green band on the lower bottom of the screen. Changing to Adaptive removes the band but it comes back while watching Dolby Vision Content... any help will be much appreciated.. Many Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back