Getting issues while downloading via torrent.

vinsks

hello friends,

getting some issue while downloading via torrent.
i can see many seeders and lechers but unable to connect. so unable to get download speed. however when download other then torrent (normal web download) then get proper speed.
however it work for some time... but priviously it works all the time even with have few seeders.
tried with different torrent client but it did not help.

please help..

regards,
vinay

Last edited:
Here is the screen shot...

torrent.JPG

Hello friends,
I checked on net that other user are facing same issue with Airtel broadband.
Please confirm if other user are also facing same issue with airtel broadband.
Is anyone have any solution for that.
regards
vinay

Your isp (airtel) is probably throttling the bandwidth. Try enabling encryption to overcome the bandwidth throttling.

hello baijuxavior,

enables encription. but it did not help. :(
any other suggestion...
regards
vinay

Try adding a torrent with a lot of seeders. Add a lot of trackers. Can't see anything else obviously wrong from the screenshot. Post your speedtest results. Tinker with the settings. Try various permutations and combinations of the device, software and the net connection to narrow the problem down.

From the picture it seems that the number of seeders is nil for the first and third torrent where as one for the second one. So please try another torrent with a lot of seeders. If you can find some desi torrents, even one or two seeders will be enough.

@prasun.gera
speed is fine with normal web download. i have seeders but unable to connect. tried various setting but it did not help
though it work for sometimes.

@ontherocks

yes i did as well as enable DMZ.

@baijuxavior
that's the issue. i am not able to connect seeders(even it shows in queue) tried various torrent as well. :(
though it was working before fine getting awesome speed evenif i have few seeders.

Port forwarding doesn't seem to be the issue since the smiley is green in your screenshot, which indicates that things are fine at that end. Quick thing that you can check is to use your laptop(if it is one) at someone else's place and vice versa to see if it has something to do with your ISP throttling it. It could be some QOS setting in your router too which you or someone else might have set inadvertently. I think there are sites that tell you whether your ISP is throttling your bandwidth. For example, Glasnost: Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic. You can also try this client called your-freedom and try connecting your torrent client through a socks proxy to this client to see if you can download torrents.

My torrent is very slow download,even i am selecting peers/seeders in more numbers. Last 2 weeks, i am facing this issue, even i called airtel, they told, they cannot support torrent issues, and they confirmed , airtel is not blocking any torrent connections.
Is any one knows the fix, please share it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back