Getting to know nice people

srikarkav

Hi Guys,

This forum is a wonderful place in more than one ways.You get help on your AV needs obviously. Other than that you get to know some really nice people whom you wouldn't have met otherwise in your life. Today evening i had to drop my daughter at her home at Royapettah.I utilised this opportunity to visit our member srinisundar who resides nearby.I went their with my son to take a look at his HT.And it was a real experience. He and his gracious wife made us feel at home and we got to meet his sweet hifi kid too.:) All i had as a kid was only a Murphy radio.And look at what todays kids get to play with!

I have never watched a movie in a home from a projector and a screen.So it was a different experience watching a movie on a 110 inch screen sitting in a home.Srini played some bluray discs from his PS3 and the pics looked fantastic on the big screen.We got to watch a 3D blu ray movie too, and talk about bringing a theater to home! It was awesome.

We got to watch DTH on the screen too thro Sun Direct.The pictures look very decent on the big screen.I think it will be really nice to watch an entire HD movie on the screen.And you don't have to wade thro a crowd and drive in the traffic to get home.Cause you are already home.:)

I want to thank srini and his wife for their hospitality and for being such gracious hosts.:)

cheers,
sri

Hi,

+2 to that. Very true, I had been to his house thrice and he and his whole family have been very kind and his daughter, she is a very good kid with x10 interest in HT than her father. Today, she did not sleep the whole day thinking that we would watch a movie without her company!

Just to point out some other generous people I have come across so far here and I know the list is in fact endless and there are a lot here!
1. Vinay - for his free DVDs (though I didnt get any:eek:hyeah:)
2. Teky
3. Aneelr
4. Venkatcr
5. Srikarkav
6. ....................

I am really surprised to see the unbelievable amount of "trust" here. From my experience, though I am quite young, that is a rarest of rare word in the dictionary of a 21st century common man.

Cheers!

This is one of the Forum where all the members behave very friendly. A Senior member is happy to answer a very basic question and no one laughs at others ignorant , every question is answered some way or other. The debates are very matured and some times very very interesting. Hifivision has become my homepage a long time back. probably we will be having a All India Hifivision meet sometime somewhere:yahoo:

Vijayakumar Mohan

Thanks Venkatesh for putting me on the list.I am happy for the day i stumbled on to this forum.This is a nice little community and as you said the trust among members is great.I was touched when MBR offered to take my WD TV to US, to be sent back to amazon, when i was struggling to get sound from it.And for srinisundars nice gesture of dropping at my home on my wedding anniversary.:)
Let this community stick together for ever!

cheers,
sri

Yes I can say similar to Vinay who has a dedicated HT room.He allowed us to listen his setup & share HD movies to.We had lunch with him one day too.
A nice experience.

Dear Sridhar Sir / Venkatesh and also to all hifi friends...

Thanks for your nice words and i dont know how to express something which you have expressed... Many thanks for droppin to my house with your son and it is my pleasure to meet you all.

Similar kind of experience I got when i visited Mr.Venkat( Venkatcr) house last week, which cannot be described in words, so nowhere i mentioned except telling to few over phone.. When we enter somebody house it should be very warm and pleasant. Where the music flows there the warm is present and makes the people charm.

We had nice chat there and met his wonderful companion who is equaly interested in movies and music( I wish everybody wife should be like this, so we dont have much stress to upgrade our systems).

Really thought of Mr.Sridhar( srikarv) / Venkatcr age i should also be active in upgrading and atleast gain some knowledge inorder to give a small lecture on every future meet which i feared to do still.

Tubes... still i fear to talk about that...Hope this month HFV meet will make me some more understanding about some more gadgets.

Who is Teky( suresh),, have i met him till date.. Nope.. Just got introduced thru this forum, casualy he is sending me blurays from UK thru his friend which cost some pounds...Hi Santhosh.. I forgot U..

Thanks for meeting some wonderful and nice people here:)

Well this is perhaps we know each other on forum for long.
We have some images with us of the members from their way of writing.
This helps us to build respect to each other & that works gr8. :yahoo:

I've learned that if you are nice, every one is nice and this hold more true in the audiophile community who are always willing to help...

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Very true Sridhar, we get to meet and know nice people through this forum.

One HFV meet in Bangalore and I got to meet so many people. I would like to mention two people whom I have never met so far and yet interact with them on and off the forum regularly.

1) Srinisundar: He casually asked me for my home address and sent me a Blu-ray as a recognition for my efforts in building my home theater and sharing it here on HFV. I was really overwhelmed with his gesture. After that intro, we became buddies and speak to each other atleast thrice a week over STD

2) Teky: Teky and I exchanged a few PMs about A/V and within a few exchanges, we became buddies. True to his name, he is a techie, a gadget freak. He convinced me to go for a PS3 Slim as a blu-ray player cum gaming console and converted me into a Gamer after sending me Youtube videos knowing my craze for racing cars. My collection of Blu-rays started with Srini's gift and continued only becaue of Teky. He would get me fabulous deals from UK and also gifted me a free PS3 game. We haven't even met so far but we speak atleast twice over ISD (He is in UK).

Would also like to mention two HFV-ians from outside Bangalore whom I was fortunate to meet during the recent HFV Meet:

1) VenkatCr: I have always had a lot of respect for Venkatcr. He has always answered queries(mine and other member's) very patiently. I also used to call him up when I was at crossroads during my Home Theater Build. My respect for him only increased when he volunteered to travel to Bangalore for a HifiVision Meet. His humility is really something very rare.

2) Suri: For his love of speakers. He also travelled all the way from Kannur for the HFV meet. He drove from one end of the city to another and tried to listen to as many speakers as possible while he was here. Hats off to you for pursuing your interest.

There are several others on the forum whom I interact with on a regular basis like gbanavar, Subhash, opert, Srisha, hifipal4all, GeorgeO, aneelr, Ashish, Sumit and others.

I would like to thank HFV because I got to know you:)

Last edited:
Thanks for those kind words Venkatesh, Srini & Santhosh. Kuruvi is blushing already :p

This is the most friendly forums I've ever come across as well, How much ever dumb the question is people turn out and help each other. Also the Wealth of Knowledge I've gained from here is astonishing. I've been addicted to the forum that I refresh it every 5 minutes :D. As Santhosh keeps saying May our Tribe increase

Hello Svenkateshsmart,

Please choose your free 8 DVD's, by choosing the numbers of your choice.

If you or other members want to know something on this free offer then do let me know.

V.

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/5812-free-8-dvds.html

Vinay

Hi,

Just to point out some other generous people I have come across so far here and I know the list is in fact endless and there are a lot here!
Vinay - for his free DVDs (though I didnt get any:eek:hyeah:)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,

Hi Vinay, I was just joking dear. Obviously, I didnt even complete 50 posts then. Regarding the DVDs, I am leaving the option up to you and you can send me any of your favorite numbers.

I am really moved by your special gesture, and feel glad now that I did not get the DVDs then. Because I am considering this a very special one.

I have a special surprise for you, you will see it

Cheers!

Just to chip in few words between the senior members here, ..... as I have already said somewhere in this forums, I founds people here very caring and with loads if patience as well, and most of them do take time to explain and appriciate things (though I have yet to recieve expected comments from quite a few members on My Micro HT :D :D

I seriously hope and wish all of the members here a healthy HIFI relationship.

Cheers and e-Peace
Sammy

Quite a handful, the list goes on from the active members to even the passive members who reply when they feel the need to chip in with their hands on experience w.r.t the questions asked by fellow members.

I have had members rather friends helping me or sharing information via posts, phone calls every now and then from Mumbai, Chennai, Banglore, Delhi-NCR. Its been amazing journey with fellow friends.

And i recently could get an opportunity to meet most, if not all, at the audiophile meet we had at my home in NCR. And all the members came across as i had anticipated them to be. Some new names/faces and some that i knew of. Here are some pics that we shared from the event, you would read a few names in the description that you have interacted or seen on the forum sometime or the other
- http://www.hifivision.com/general-c...up-gurgaon-6th-7th-feb-date-confirmed-13.html

so, its pleasing to see a community brewing with peace, respect for the fellow being and the will to assist at the times of need. An ideal society.

Cheers to us all & to this beautiful passion that binds us.

Wishes
Sid

Last edited:
This is one of the nicest internet forums around - period. Privileged to be a part of it.

ONE FEELS PROUD to be a part of HIFIVISION. i think we all are some what hooked/addicted to this forum.

I wonder whats the WAF (wife acceptance factor) of HIFIVISION on a scale of 1 to 10.:)

Mine WAF is: 6, and yours?:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Hi Everybody. I initially thought this is just a forum where we get some solutions for any queries, but looking at this thread, it looks like you people are taking me to a different level altogether. I have never been to any of your homes or anything of that sort, or even not even talked to all of you, but I feel awesome. I am proud i too is a member of this forum. Great going. Keep it up all of you and please welcome this man from coimbatore too into your forum.

so many people, i'm afraid to take names for fear of forgetting someone and inadvertently offending them.

however i must make a special note of someone i think of everytime i get out of bed - suri ;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back