Giving away Mauro Penasa MyRef. amplifier PCBs

Hiten

I am giving away my Mauro Penasa MyRef. RevC Amplifier PCBs. A brief info about this amp is, this amplifier is designed by Mauro Penasa and is highly regarded as high fidelity superb sounding amp. Lots of technically sound guys and professionals from DiyAudio has refined this amp to be a true high fidelity amp. Our very own Linuxguru has contributed to layout of this kit. Every minute details like isolating signal path from interference to proper component values etc. has been taken care of. PCBs are superbly made high quality. Though giving away PCBs my love for this topology of particular amp stays as I have read hundreds of pages of making of this amp and fantastic reviews.

So all I want is if you are a DIY guy and promise to make this amp I will give them free with free postage. Actual cost with shipping was about 800 to 900 Rs. Having said that it would be super cool of you if you wish to donate whatever amount you feel like to Hifivision after you receive the PCBs. Can post Pictures if anyone wants. If more than one person is interested please allow me to decide whom to give as convenient to me, hope you understand.
Best Regards

im000010.jpg

Here is sample pic of Mauro Penasa My Ref Amp taken from the Web.

Hi Hiten,
I would love to undertake this build. Would the parts (including box) be available locally in Mumbai?
Joshua

Hi Hiten,
I would love to undertake this build. Would the parts (including box) be available locally in Mumbai?
Joshua

Save yourself a lot of trouble hunting parts, and get the parts
kit from our forum member, Linuxguru. He has an ordinary kit
and an upgraded kit.

Very nice gesture Hiten:cheers:.

Can a novice at electronics (someone who knows just soldering) do this?

EDIT: Just trying to understand the complexity - is it something a wannabe DIYer can start off with or should they try simpler designs?

Last edited:
If an electronics novice who knows a little bit of soldering can do this (obviously with the help of an expert), then I will be interested to make this one.

i guess very few will grab the offer , itz the quality parts that are hard to procure and adds up the cost .
linuxguru kit solves the issue , i wish his kits keep flowing .

sorry for a noob question - is there something that needs to be taken care in these DIY amps to prevent shocks, or any other hazards like it catching fire?

Joshua, ~ availability of parts which I guess is not a problem with lamington road near by, or as quad said see if Linuxguru can help.
Santhosh ~ Thanks, Yes a novice with soldering skill and basic knowledge with guidance can do the job. This thread will help.
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/11878-mauros-myreference-rev-c-building-queries-guide.html
anm ~ if properly made following instruction it will not catch fire. And regarding shock as with all electrical equipment precaution should be taken.

Bros,
If one uses quality critical component (there are only few I guess) will do the job just fine there is no need to go for expensive parts for the whole amp. but still if you want you can. All I am trying to do is promote DIY. So lets not discourage any enthusiastic fellow who is capable and interested. There is no obligation to donate also. If one feels like they can donate. I am equally happy either way, all I want is amp should be made and enjoyed.

I am giving away my Mauro Penasa MyRef. RevC Amplifier PCBs. A brief info about this amp is, this amplifier is designed by Mauro Penasa and is highly regarded as high fidelity superb sounding amp. Lots of technically sound guys and professionals from DiyAudio has refined this amp to be a true high fidelity amp. Our very own Linuxguru has contributed to layout of this kit. Every minute details like isolating signal path from interference to proper component values etc. has been taken care of. PCBs are superbly made high quality. Though giving away PCBs my love for this topology of particular amp stays as I have read hundreds of pages of making of this amp and fantastic reviews.

So all I want is if you are a DIY guy and promise to make this amp I will give them free with free postage. Actual cost with shipping was about 800 to 900 Rs. Having said that it would be super cool of you if you wish to donate whatever amount you feel like to Hifivision after you receive the PCBs. Can post Pictures if anyone wants. If more than one person is interested please allow me to decide whom to give as convenient to me, hope you understand.
Best Regards

Hi Hiten,
PM Sent. Kindly check:)

Santhosh ~ Thanks, Yes a novice with soldering skill and basic knowledge with guidance can do the job. This thread will help.
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/11878-mauros-myreference-rev-c-building-queries-guide.html.
Thanks Hiten for that thread with elaborate details.

Bros,
If one uses quality critical component (there are only few I guess) will do the job just fine there is no need to go for expensive parts for the whole amp. but still if you want you can. All I am trying to do is promote DIY. So lets not discourage any enthusiastic fellow who is capable and interested. There is no obligation to donate also. If one feels like they can donate. I am equally happy either way, all I want is amp should be made and enjoyed.
Appreciate your spirit bro:cheers:. I am not sure where I am in the queue, but am game for ^ and would like to learn innards of electronics.

Just a quick heads up - kits for the V1.2 Twisted Pear board, V1.3 and V1.4 boards are available with me. There are basically two kinds of kits, a value-oriented standard BoM, and a higher-end premium BoM with upgraded components.

If you wish to self-source most of the parts but have some difficulty with a few parts, drop me a note with a wish-list of parts and I'll see what extra parts I have lying around.

I also have V1.3 (similar to Hiten's) and V1.4 (current) bare PCBs. Schematics for all the RevC PCB versions are functionally equivalent.

My latest (experimental) development is a hybrid/discrete opamp module called the LF01, which can be populated in such a way that it can substitute the LM318 in a Rev C, but with improved specs.

Those who have already built MyRefs and are looking for incremental upgrades, and are willing to audition the experimental LF01 modules are welcome to PM me - I will have a few spare prototypes by the weekend.
The LF01 design may evolve slightly based on the early feedback.

What is the cost for the v1.4 PCB with the standard as well as the premium kits?

The standard kit (which includes the PCB and all parts on the PCB, except the LM3886TF chipamp and 2x large PSU caps) is priced at Rs.1.8k/monoblock. The premium kit (same as above, but with gold-plated PCB and premium parts) is priced at Rs.3.6k/monoblock. Bare v1.4 PCBs (Tin-Lead finish only) are available at Rs.500/monoblock.

My latest (experimental) development is a hybrid/discrete opamp module called the LF01, which can be populated in such a way that it can substitute the LM318 in a Rev C, but with improved specs.

Those who have already built MyRefs and are looking for incremental upgrades, and are willing to audition the experimental LF01 modules are welcome to PM me - I will have a few spare prototypes by the weekend.
The LF01 design may evolve slightly based on the early feedback.

Shall we try it out at my place one of these weekends? :)

-G0bble

Linuxguru,
Please let me know the detailed specs of the amp.the details of the premium kit.
Thanks.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back