Glad to be an active member - finally!

adhingra

Hi all at HFV - I have been lurking around the this forum for over 6 years, but an active member only for a few months now. Can hands down vouch that have benefitted tremendously both with the knowledge and time commitment that everybody, especially senior menebers & moderators make here.

Just wanted to ensure that I follow basic etiquette and protocols before I intro myself.

Started my love affair with high end audio 15 years back with a very basic Creative 2.1 setup; moved to an Onkyo AVR & Polk Rti A7 & DSW 660 based 5.1 setup; realised that 2 channel stereo was really gives me joy so current setup includes;

Transport - Intel NUC i5 with Windows 10 with 256Gb SSD running JRiver MC19
USB to SPDIF - Audiophilleo 2 with pure power
DAC - NAD M51
IC - Supra balanced xlr
Amp - Emotiva XPA200
Speakers - Goldenear Triton 2
Display - Samsung 51’ smart plasma

I have had this for 5 years, but recently moved to a smaller place in Mumbai and realising that I have too much of a system for a small living room (10’ x 14’ x 9’ high - I know its tiny!) so currently on a lookout for a bit of “lifestyle change/upgrade” (as @raghupb called it recently ). Planning to sell the current setup sometime soon and moving to a powered monitors/bookshelf based 2 channel HiFi system.

Shortlist includes;

1. KEF LS50 wireless
2. KEF LSX
3. Edifier S3000pro (2019 release) & S200pro
4. Audioengine A5+
5. Klipsch PM15
6. Sonos Play5 (I know many purists here may scoff!)

Decision making criteria would be

1. Ease of integration with my NUC as I plan to use USB out to speakers’ built in DAC
2. Solid musical foundation of speakers as most of listening is casual, walking around and not sitting at one place. Low end is important to me and out of current shot list Edifier S3000 only has a rated low of 38Hz
3. Some future proofing, if I move to Spotify (when its in India), Tidal and/or Roon setup in future

Listen to mostly pop, rock and mainstream music. No jazz, no classical.

Budget is USD 1 to 2000 and I can pickup from US on one of my frequent trips as well.

My frequency of system change/upgrade is 5 years andWould really appreciate if folks here can chime in on my ‘lifestyle change’ approach, shortlist and any other wise inputs.

Cheers

Anup

Welcome to the forum! You can add Klipsch Sixes to the list. They have great bass and you should find them cheaper in US.

Hi all at HFV - I have been lurking around the this forum for over 6 years, but an active member only for a few months now. Can hands down vouch that have benefitted tremendously both with the knowledge and time commitment that everybody, especially senior menebers & moderators make here.

Just wanted to ensure that I follow basic etiquette and protocols before I intro myself.

Started my love affair with high end audio 15 years back with a very basic Creative 2.1 setup; moved to an Onkyo AVR & Polk Rti A7 & DSW 660 based 5.1 setup; realised that 2 channel stereo was really gives me joy so current setup includes;

Transport - Intel NUC i5 with Windows 10 with 256Gb SSD running JRiver MC19
USB to SPDIF - Audiophilleo 2 with pure power
DAC - NAD M51
IC - Supra balanced xlr
Amp - Emotiva XPA200
Speakers - Goldenear Triton 2
Display - Samsung 51’ smart plasma

I have had this for 5 years, but recently moved to a smaller place in Mumbai and realising that I have too much of a system for a small living room (10’ x 14’ x 9’ high - I know its tiny!) so currently on a lookout for a bit of “lifestyle change/upgrade” (as @raghupb called it recently ). Planning to sell the current setup sometime soon and moving to a powered monitors/bookshelf based 2 channel HiFi system.

Shortlist includes;

1. KEF LS50 wireless
2. KEF LSX
3. Edifier S3000pro (2019 release) & S200pro
4. Audioengine A5+
5. Klipsch PM15
6. Sonos Play5 (I know many purists here may scoff!)

Decision making criteria would be

1. Ease of integration with my NUC as I plan to use USB out to speakers’ built in DAC
2. Solid musical foundation of speakers as most of listening is casual, walking around and not sitting at one place. Low end is important to me and out of current shot list Edifier S3000 only has a rated low of 38Hz
3. Some future proofing, if I move to Spotify (when its in India), Tidal and/or Roon setup in future

Listen to mostly pop, rock and mainstream music. No jazz, no classical.

Budget is USD 1 to 2000 and I can pickup from US on one of my frequent trips as well.

My frequency of system change/upgrade is 5 years andWould really appreciate if folks here can chime in on my ‘lifestyle change’ approach, shortlist and any other wise inputs.

Cheers

Anup

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will benefit a lot from the vast AV knowledge posted by experienced / professional members.....you too can share your experiences which will add further value to others.....

Happy browsing....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back