Glow in the dark

Looks fabulous.
Never seen this much of bluish tinge in a valve before. Is this some lighting effect or inherent to the valve ?

Looks fabulous.
Never seen this much of bluish tinge in a valve before. Is this some lighting effect or inherent to the valve ?
It is inherent to the valve. What I read is it is due to flourescence - electrons bombarding the glass seen in power tubes.
It was a slow speed photo with a wide aperture lens. Camera has to be on tripod.

If you have a valve amp you can also do it.

Some amp makers perhaps fit LED under the bases of valves to give extra "glow" to their amps.

It is inherent to the valve. What I read is it is due to flourescence - electrons bombarding the glass seen in power tubes.
It was a slow speed photo with a wide aperture lens. Camera has to be on tripod.

If you have a valve amp you can also do it.

Some amp makers perhaps fit LED under the bases of valves to give extra "glow" to their amps.
Yes I am guessing F2 or lesser.
I do have valve amp , rather pre. Will try out. Thanks :)

Yes I am guessing F2 or lesser.
I do have valve amp , rather pre. Will try out. Thanks :)
If preamp I doubt if this phenomenon can be seen as the valves are not power tubes / valves. Perhaps the current is not sufficient to produce this "leak" of electrons that bombard the glass case. You can see that the smaller driver valves there on my amp do not exhibit this blue hue.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back