Good 5.1 speaker set under 15k for TV

joshipallav

Hi All,

I am looking for decent 5.1 channel speaker set with subwoofer for TV.
Can you please provide your suggestion.

Tv support optical audio out and ARC both.

Following are things I am looking :

5.1 Channel speakers.
watt = anything above 100 pmpo
Karaoke support
USB support for audio (preferably video as well)
preferably bluetooth support.
Wall mount support for the satellite speakers.

Note, I am not a big audiophile nor has that much of understanding about it. So looking good sound system for TV under 15k.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

5.1 Channel speakers.
Karaoke support

Note, I am not a big audiophile nor has that much of understanding about it. So looking good sound system for TV under 15k.

Thanks in advance.

Have you confirmed that your TV will give out 5.1 via optical? It would be great if it does. So do confirm.

In that budget you will have to look at active speakers as cheapest htib start at around 25k. Browse through Amazon, you can check Logitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

MaSh

Have you confirmed that your TV will give out 5.1 via optical? It would be great if it does. So do confirm.

In that budget you will have to look at active speakers as cheapest htib start at around 25k. Browse through Amazon, you can check Logitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

MaSh

Thanks for you reply.
I am planning this for Letv x55 model. Interfaces it support for audio are
Audio out(earphone & coaxial combined)x1
SPDIF(Optical) Audio Outputx1
and HDMI (ARC).

Is it better to buy the logitech model you suggested or to go for philips 5520/94 or to stretch for sony iv300 ? (I know dvd player is not my requirement, but just got attracted by so many features).

What MaSh said.:thumbsup: Dont bother with 5.1 if you don't have the budget. Powered speakers for that budget should sound decent enough for you enjoy. maybe in time, if you ever feel to upgrade, increase the budget and get a surround system.
Also for a 5.1 system, you have to make sure speaker placement is done right. A lot of people put speakers in "convenient" places and the sound is all over the place.Stereo sometimes suites better for some rooms.

Totall Agree with the FMs above, would recommend first to visit a Home Theatre dealer or Vijay Sales / Croma / ProFx to understand what a 5.1 system actually does based on its placement and media content used, you will get a fair idea then and also will influence your decision better if you really want to plunge into the AV world and get a decent system.

Hi All,

5.1 Channel speakers.
Karaoke support

Thanks in advance.

within 15k, a good 5.1 speaker set will be difficult. Maybe try a used product from the classifieds section. You might find something. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back