Good amp suggestions for budget 85k

If you are using USB then I would say try fixing pipes rather than taps. Here are some options in the order of importance.

Try to get Wyred4Sound's Remedy.
If you play files on a computer, try the software Steinberg WaveLab Element.
Build or have someone to build a power extension board with a very thick wire running from the wall.
Now, try this but very CAREFULLY. If you have a mean of controlling the volume at something other than your Rega amp then set the volume at Rega to max and control the volume from that other point, most probably at computer. But again, please do this very carefully ensuring that when you launch any application on computer, make sure the volume isn't already set at max.

This is very interesting suggestion.
Yes, I am playing my media via Computer which is Intel NUC8I3BEH. My end point being Allo Usb-bridge Signature Player.

I play my files via Roon Labs using Qobuz and Tidal and source for music.
The final software is HQPlayer which is set to upsample flac files to dsd 64 using ASDM7EC modulator and poly-sinc-ext2 filter.

I am also trying out the Fidelizer Trial version.
I have also tried to tweak the NUC using W10Privacy software which disables some background tasks I guess. Since this computer is only used for audio purpose.

I have never heard of the wyred4sound remedy. Will look it up.
As for the Steinberg wavelab element, I have never heard of it either and will surely look it up and give it a try. Will have to check if this can be used along with Roon Labs.

Currently I'm using a Belkin extension board with 8 sockets out if which I'm using 3-4. Can you DM or elaborate regarding the customized extension board which you have suggested. I might be interested in trying this out since I have experienced positive results when I changed the stock power cable of the amp to one made by Mr. Murthy.

Lastly, I did ask few people as to how I should control my volume setting. Whether thru amp or thru software. All of them have suggested via amp. Altho I have tried for few minutes the other way around as well. Have not spend enough time to do comparison however. Few people say that with an AB amplifier the low volume at amplifier will use the Class A module and will switch at higher volumes. This might be wrong tho.
According to you, what benefits will I get if I use volume control via software and not via the Rega remove?
When using the Rega remote after the volume knob is around 12-1 the volume increase or decrease creates a scratchy noise which I am assuming is the IR signal. This can be irritating at times. With software volume levelling I do not hear such noise.

According to you, what benefits will I get if I use volume control via software and not via the Rega remove?
I was trying to check if by this if you can use your amp just as power amp by skipping the preamp section. I know it won't skip the preamp section but it may still skip at least the volume pot. Just give this a try.

You didn't mention anything about the listening space. On paper, it appears you have a decent setup for the money. However, the way you hear and perceive the results can only be judged by your own listening experience. Guess you are missing something and can’t quite put a finger on what it is yet. Looks like you already have enough conflicting prognosis to be thoroughly confused by now. Here are my two cents to the mix.

Assuming your sources are at least as good as Qobuz and Tidal as mentioned, I doubt the E30 as a DAC is inadequate. Keeping the ever so important yet often sidelined implementation aspect aside, the AKM house-sound strikes as somewhat of a balanced take between the likes of the earlier generation ESS and the resurging R-2R topologies.

As you speculated, and as good an amplifier the Brio may be, it might be underpowering your 3050i; and hence the possible week link. By their manufacturers' own requisites, the minimum power required to drive your speakers is 50W and that's where the Brio tops out at 8Ω. Even with their claimed 91dB sensitivity and 6Ω impedance, it could be a stretch for those speakers. I’ve seen this before with Rega and Cyrus, but surprisingly not with Naim! Even though their claimed power ratings are often similar in numbers. Go figure. Anyway, I believe amps like Cyrus and Rega are better suited for intimate listening spaces. That's where their audiophile lineage really shines.

Loudness doesn't necessarily mean the speakers can maintain the same sound quality that they may output at lower volumes. What we want is control and finesse, even at higher volumes. The kind of Class A grip that helps you enjoy listening to the quietest passages and the thunderous dynamics all within the same song. The power that offers somewhat of a similar reassurance of driving a luxury sedan, with its generous power reserves that’s just there, to silently glide you on when you need it but wouldn't scream its lungs out like an exploding hot rod on a drag race/track. Sorry, went off on a tangent there.

Of course, it goes without saying that I don't mean to judge you/anyone for their choices or ownership of these brands or their specific models. All these components are individually good and had been evaluated on their own merits, and not just on what their manufacturers claims. If possible, perhaps try to borrow different amps, DACs, and speakers, first and see if any of those make a significant improvement to your sound. Helps to avoid buyer's remorse and/or having to run around trying to sell them off used. If not, which most probably could be the case these days, try to collate and trust the collective wisdom of like-minded forum members and take the plunge!​
Listening space is about 16×12 (could be slightly less)
I want to understand what would be the signs when the amplifier is not powerful enough in the setup? I feel the Rega Brio do crank the volume very high so was wondering.
I don't have option for comparison etc esp due to these covid times.

Any indications to point it out sonically speaking?

I sometimes crave for more resolution which can be achieved with a better DAC I suppose? As far as pricing goes, my DAC is the cheapest being less than 10% cost of the hardware setup (speaker, amp, DAC).

I’ve been using Brio with Rega RX5 floorstanders and dor a bit have even used with their RX1 bookshelves in a room which is approximately 15x15x11’ I am more than pleased for what it does in its price range. It lacks the authority of the higher ups in Rega range( I’ve had the elicit and aethos for a bit and currently have the Osiris). However, I’ve played around with cables and isolation for speakers and they do seem to make a very noticeable difference (to my ears, of course!). These days even inexpensive DACs sound resolving but lack the tonality, refinement and the organic feel etc.,

I want to understand what would be the signs when the amplifier is not powerful enough in the setup? I feel the Rega Brio do crank the volume very high so was wondering.
I don't have option for comparison etc esp due to these covid times.

Any indications to point it out sonically speaking?

I sometimes crave for more resolution which can be achieved with a better DAC I suppose? As far as pricing goes, my DAC is the cheapest being less than 10% cost of the hardware setup (speaker, amp, DAC).
My suggestion, this needs to be seen as a system, dont try to change too many variables but try to improve the content first eg suggestion given by @unleash_me and @bornfi
if that does not fix it then try the DAC followed by speaker placements. for all this use your current cables only

Amp comes only after that, else you will go all over the place and end up with a hit and a miss and keep changing components, hence better to forget the amp and identify/fix your key issue

Last edited:
If budget is 85k ,then why don't you consider Indiq audio saptak monoblocks .it will be good upgrade to brio.
Here is a setup that works for me as i listen (98% of the time) via digital media only. PC/Tab +standalone network player + standalone stereo power amp.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back