Good AVR with upscaling facility within 25k

gopscreative

Hello guys .Can you suggest any Good AVR which upscales composite video signals(from set top) to 1080p? Is der a major quality difference?

Hello guys .Can you suggest any Good AVR which upscales composite video signals(from set top) to 1080p? Is der a major quality difference?

I dont think you will get one under 40-45k which can upscale. And regarding set top box upscaling, I have seen one big tv set top box connected to Denon 2310 through composite but there is hardly any sigificant difference in PQ. But this same model can upscale DVDs very well. Its just my findings. Dont worry , gurus will chip in anytime to feed you better.

i think Onkyo Tx SR 575 has that facility but it does not handle HD audio through HDMI.not 100% sure though. was quoted Rs 24000.

Hi gop,

Check this out. Its a great deal.But no warranty. What you see is what you pay. incl duty and shipping.
skumar and venkateshsmart,our forum members have imported from here.Contact them.

Global Easy Buy

Here are the specs...

RX-V665BL

cheers,
sri

According to the most of the posts posted in dis forum,the verdict is dat there is not much of diff in PQ through upscaling feature:sad:.Just share your thoughts guys who have used the upscaling feature with any of the set top boxes which has composite out..

Hi,

I respectfully disagree that upscaling will not deliver any difference. I am using Denon 790 and it upscales component video output from my Rel BIG TV through to HDMI output connected to my LCD. I definitely see a remarkable, if not 100%, difference.

Also, please be advised that it is hard to find an AVR for 25K with upscaling features.

Cheers!

Better to go for upscaling DVD Like Pio 610/420(less than 6k) and buy a sep like AVR Yamaha/denon/Onkya from the remaining............:)

Better to go for upscaling DVD Like Pio 610/420(less than 6k) and buy a sep like AVR Yamaha/denon/Onkya from the remaining............:)

Gops, AfAIK, the ONkyo 576 can decode HD audio but cannot upscale. For that you would have to look at the Onkyo 606. Again the said model costs 40k INR here. You can get it for 25k or so if you can bring it down from the middle east. Else 25k is not enough for a good upscaling avr.

Guys, since the OP is asking for AVR to upscale picture from his STB how can an upscaling dvd player do the trick?

The low budget AVRs may not be able to do a stellar job of upscaling low-quality/SD video that we get out of our STB/cable-lines. In most cases, your 720p/1080p TV will be doing a decent upscaling of the SD video that you route to it.

My suggestion is that you leave the upscaling of your STB video to your TV and focus on good audio features in your AVR.

It is a different matter in case of well mastered DVDs, look at an upscaling DVDP for your DVDs.

Guys thanks for all replies.. My main concern is not abt audio and HD playback ,cos for I have HTPC and a manually assembled amp which produces a pretty descent sound and i am happy with it.My main aim is upscaling SD signals from a composite video source cos i am using a CATV set top box which produces MPEG4(thats wat mentioned in de box spec,anyways not sure abt it) and de quality looks poor in my LG 42LH90QR.So Is it possible to get any device which performs only upscaling of SD composite signals for a less rate.Pls suggest guys..Thanks

Hi gop,

Check this out. Its a great deal.But no warranty. What you see is what you pay. incl duty and shipping.
skumar and venkateshsmart,our forum members have imported from here.Contact them.

Global Easy Buy

Here are the specs...

RX-V665BL

cheers,
sri

Thanks sri for ur reply... how abt upscaling quality.have u come across any posts which talks abt upscaling quality from composite input?

Hi,

I have a denon 790 (1910) bought from global ebay, which does a decent upscaling from component to HDMI, but like others said, some DVD, LCDs do a better upscaling.

You can check its features from the denon usa or UK website, let me know if you need any inputs on its performance.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have a denon 790 (1910) bought from global ebay, which does a decent upscaling from component to HDMI, but like others said, some DVD, LCDs do a better upscaling.

You can check its features from the denon usa or UK website, let me know if you need any inputs on its performance.

Cheers!

hi dude thanks for ur reply.. BTW have u checked de upscaling quality from composite input? If yes den let me no de performance thanks

Hi,

The upscaling quality which I was referring to was from the components to HDMI. I hooked up Big TV and samsung DVDP to Denon via components. I initially had seen some screen flickers without customized settings, but now it does a good job after I got used to this amp's functions and have not seen flickers in quite a while (I dont know if this is called handshaking issue).

The best thing is its OSD screen, which is a convenient feature.

All the best for your purchase!

Cheers!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back