Good deal on plate amp-USA

Funny, just spoke to Steve from Apex Jr today about a parts order for a couple of upcoming builds..
Great deal as always from Apex Jr.

I bought an Apex Sr amp at the regular price a few years ago, it works very well, so with the additional $25 discount it is a really good deal, IMHO.

Hi George,
I was interested in this particular amp for the Push-Pull design. What design did you use the amp in? Would appreciate your thoughts on it's performance. Thanks.
George has two sub woofers, but don't think both are of the above-mentioned design. George has used a Passive Radiator(s) but the Push-Pull design seems to use two sub wooferes. Would this qualify for the Push-Pull design?

ps: the subwoofer in his basement had a similar pedestal though, so could be a variation of this design.

...George has used a Passive Radiator(s) but the Push-Pull design seems to use two sub wooferes. Would this qualify for the Push-Pull design?...

I'm pretty sure they're not the same. However, I'm curious about his impressions of the amp...

I have not mounted my plate amps on the enclosures but have them mounted on small wooden boxes instead, and then connected to my subs so that I can interchange them if I need to-or if I have a problem. Both my subs are PR designs, one with a single PR and the other with dual opposing PRs.

Since I listen to my subs at very low volumes-maybe 5-7%, all I can say is that they both have a lot of headroom.The other amp is a Keiga 5230 which is not as powerful, but meets my need siwth lots to spare. When recommendations of 300 or 500 watts amps are bandied about for subwoofer duty I really wonder why people suggest such huge amounts of power.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back