Good FM Tuner in avl india

svelc

Hi All,

Am looking for separate FM Tuner, but dont have a clue about brands and models available in India.

Can any one help me?

My budget is 10k max.

Thanks in advance

Go for BOSE. I have heard they have something in your price range, not sure though!:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I live in chennai.

There is Bose showroom, will check on Norge.

Anyother other brands? Even if not in my budget :D

Hi, try Onkyo showroom they had one model, it's a good idea to try some vintage tuners like Technics, Sansui, Sony & Pioneer. They are great value for money. I have a Sansui PLL TU909, i bought it in MINT condition few years ago paid only Rs 1500. Take your time & search for a good tuner, do not hurry up.

Anil

Hi All,

Am looking for separate FM Tuner, but dont have a clue about brands and models available in India.

Can any one help me?

My budget is 10k max.

Thanks in advance

Hi,Even I heard about Norge's digital tuner but I am not sure if Norge products are available in Chennai.You might want to check out with them if the have a presence in Chennai - mail them at norgeaudio#hotmail.com (replace "#" with "@") Ph No - (022) 24466627

Sherwood has launched a radio tuner (TX 5090) for Rs 9020 - model specs - Sherwood Europe | TX-5090 FM/MW/LW Tuner with RDS . They are available at the Cinebels Showroom in Chennai - Ph: 28222851

Sony makes some fine radio tuners but unfortunately Sony India does not sell them here.So if your in Chennai and if your ready to buy one without warranty then make a trip to Burma Bazaar and see if you can find a Sony or some other major brand's radio tuner.

Nishanth

Sure Anil kumar, i will take my time to decide.

Nishanth, thanks for the info.

I found NAD tuners C425 and C422 for 17.5k and 16k with Decibel, chennai. But they are out of my budget.

Think will have a visit to AVMAX expo this weekend. Sure to find some brands ;)

Hi guys,
I feel that there is not much demand for dedicated FM tuners in our country and most dealers barely stock them.
I wanted one so last month when in UK i went looking for one i liked and was surprised at the bargains being offered on cambridge audio, denon,pure and some other local brands.
I bought a denon TU 1800 which had great reviews, looks and feels nicely built and is a DAB,FM tuner for 150GBP.
So if its a tuner then its better to wait till u or someone u know goes abroad and gets it.(Had no problem carrying it on me)
Hope this helps. regards.

PS. Try richer sounds for deals on CA equipment. Get a basic tuner for 60GBP!!!!

Last edited:
Its sad, except for NAD, Sherwood and Pioneer no other brand has FM tuner.

And even these three brand dealers take back orders only :(

I ordered a Norge Tuner just out of curiosity after reading this thread.
It was delivered to me in Bangalore in about 3 days. Mr Shyam Bajaj was pleasure to deal with. The tuner is surely better than I was expecting. Radio city FM was a bit less harsh and tiring than it normally is.

Thanks,
Sharad

I ordered a Norge Tuner just out of curiosity after reading this thread.
It was delivered to me in Bangalore in about 3 days. Mr Shyam Bajaj was pleasure to deal with. The tuner is surely better than I was expecting. Radio city FM was a bit less harsh and tiring than it normally is.
Thanks,
Sharad
Thanks for the info Sharad.
Can you shed some light on which model did you order and the price?
Also, how is the quality compared to playing a CD. I have heard (never confirmed though) that good quality stereo FM is as good as playing a CD.

Thanks,
dich

Hi,

I bought Norge AM/FM 300 Tuner for just Rs 2,500/- plus Rs325/- for courier.

The quality is better than the tuner in the Mini systems, and even in my old Denon AVR. When I say better, I mean the sound is sweeter and warmer. The reception is clear, but it does not have a remote and no auto tuning. It does not even have a user's manual.

FM can be close to CD quality if the radio stations do not "equalize" the sound to increase the extreme frequencies and pump up the volume by reducing the dynamic range. If you listen to the private stations for a few minutes they would sound good and grab your attention. There are 10 FM stations in Bangalore but most of them cause a good mount of listening fatigue, except the AIR/Vividhbharti, which can range anywhere between sounding great to pathetic at different times.

Thanks,
Sharad

DNM has a model TU 312 AM FM tuner with remote. Will cost you around 3k.

Does any one know their bangalore dealer.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back