Good Music discovery magazines + release reviews

msankadi

Hi

I have a magzter subscription and I was looking for some good music related magazines. If there are magazines with an Indian bend that would be even better.

I found one that is included in the magzter gold subscription.

Rolling Stones - India
What hifi India

Any other recommendations for magazines?

Last edited:
Would the magazines include hifi gear also or just music content.
Probably you are already aware of What HFi.
Have read Mojo a couple of times abroad.
Also I recollect Billboard being a popular music magazine around 15 years back. Not sure if it still exists.

Last edited:
Would the magazines include hifi gear also or just music content.
Probably you are already aware of What HFi.
Yes aware of whf... Anything is fine will add that to the list too as it does have music suggestions at the end

Magzter Gold gives you access to back issues of Uncut, a UK publication similar to Mojo and Q.
Also check out Hifi Choice and Hifi News for their music review sections. Stereophile also has music reviews, though only a limited number.
For jazz, there’s downbeat.com, jazziz.com and jazzwise.com.

I spent almost all of my college perusing allmusic.com ; Stephen Thomas Erlewine was my go to music reviewer. Countless hours spent reading reviews of jazz , classic rock, punk , Rnb records .Plus you can glimpse discographies , biographies , editor picks of new releases and classic genre picks . Haven't visited the website in the last 10 years or so , but its still up . Pitchfork was also good .

Happy exploring .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back