good news i guess?

manu4panjab

hey bros.

today i have just contact a person or i must say a dealer for improting subwoofers from companies like svs,hsu

so i want to ask you as e desribe that he can get subwoofers from singapore and also said without bill

so if i order him a like hsu subwoofer is it safe or not

please advice

Manu, all these 'dealers' basically use the smuggling route. Now whether you want to go that way is your option. These guys have no idea of what they are importing. They cannot differentiate between a sub woofer and five kilos of wheat. For they everything is a material to be brought into the country and sold to someone.

If you need to bring in any item from Singapore, the best would be to do it yourself after auditioning sub there or through a friend. In your case, particularly, I think it is essential you audition the subs yourself, as you seem to get unhappy with subs very quickly. I, for one, have not been able to understand what you are looking for from a sub. If I were in your shoes, I would not depend upon specs and blindly buy something. I would go out, audition, and buy what I like.

Another option you can look at is to ask someone likes Soundsgreat to build a sub for you. He can tweak the specs to give you the extraaaaa thump you are looking for. Write to him and see if is ready to help you.

Cheers

Manu, all these 'dealers' basically use the smuggling route. Now whether you want to go that way is your option. These guys have no idea of what they are importing. They cannot differentiate between a sub woofer and five kilos of wheat. For they everything is a material to be brought into the country and sold to someone.

If you need to bring in any item from Singapore, the best would be to do it yourself after auditioning sub there or through a friend. In your case, particularly, I think it is essential you audition the subs yourself, as you seem to get unhappy with subs very quickly. I, for one, have not been able to understand what you are looking for from a sub. If I were in your shoes, I would not depend upon specs and blindly buy something. I would go out, audition, and buy what I like.

Another option you can look at is to ask someone likes Soundsgreat to build a sub for you. He can tweak the specs to give you the extraaaaa thump you are looking for. Write to him and see if is ready to help you.

Cheers

thanks for your reply

as you asked what i was looking in subs what i want is earthquake type house shaking bass :eek:hyeah: the subs which goes down below 20 hz like kinda 15hz or 10hz

as you suggest soundsgreat can you give me his contact no. or at which forum i can find him

and is he make the sub for my needs and is diy subs are as great as brands like hsu,svs velodyne etc etc.

please reply

thanks again

Last edited:
I think a combination of a good subwoofer with bass shakers will give you the desired effect. This would be the cheapest option.

hey manu, DEFINITELY check out Buttkicker (google for it), i think it'll give you that extra dimension of thump that you're looking for.

thanks for your reply

as you asked what i was looking in subs what i want is earthquake type house shaking bass :eek:hyeah: the subs which goes down below 20 hz like kinda 15hz or 10hz

as you suggest soundsgreat can you give me his contact no. or at which forum i can find him

and is he make the sub for my needs and is diy subs are as great as brands like hsu,svs velodyne etc etc.

please reply

thanks again

manu,

buy TC sound subs and ask some carpentar to make a box with proper damping and support inside. You can calculate the dimension of the box using a software which will tell you how obig the box should be to use these subs. Its basically calculate the VAS and XMX to give you a curve and dimension of box. I will try to trace out the name of software. for the Amp you can buy a bash amp or class D amp.
otherwise contact directly HSU or SVS and they will do the delivery to you without any hassle. also, not to forget the warranty will be there. I have used SVS and can vouch for their service.

hope it helps.

swatantra

Manu bro, do you ONLY read YOUR own threads?:confused:

If you do some more reading of other threads/ topics in this forum, you will NOT find the need to start so MANY new threads, that you are ALWAYS so busy with!:rolleyes:

I think these are automotive subs. Is this subs (EPIK ) recommended for home purpose?

manu,

buy TC sound subs and ask some carpentar to make a box with proper damping and support inside. You can calculate the dimension of the box using a software which will tell you how obig the box should be to use these subs. Its basically calculate the VAS and XMX to give you a curve and dimension of box. I will try to trace out the name of software. for the Amp you can buy a bash amp or class D amp.
otherwise contact directly HSU or SVS and they will do the delivery to you without any hassle. also, not to forget the warranty will be there. I have used SVS and can vouch for their service.

hope it helps.

swatantra

I think these are automotive subs. Is this subs (EPIK ) recommended for home purpose?

TC sound is not automotive sub. they are made for home use only with heavy duty drivers. most of the DIY enthusiastics use them as they deliver mosnter SPL and deep bass. however, the box needs to be well designed.

need more info then google it.

ciaoe

Is it available in India? Heard that they stopped business sometime back. Also only one model is available in partsexpress and its too expensive.

tell me yaaron should i buy hsu from singapore or not

Manu,
Drop HSU. HSU will not suit your taste. HSU is all of purity so they'll sound very natural obviously will not boom which inturn will not deliver the SPL you're expecting(my confident guess). You need a boom box like velo's to get what you expect.

Manu,
Drop HSU. HSU will not suit your taste. HSU is all of purity so they'll sound very natural obviously will not boom which inturn will not deliver the SPL you're expecting(my confident guess). You need a boom box like velo's to get what you expect.

you are right man but velo which model

Manu the kind of Bass you are looking for would be served by Velodyne DD18 model, but then its expensive too i.e around 200K. My suggestion would be that if you liked Dsw Pro 600 then why don't you lend one from the dealer itself and try that in your setup at least in this manner you have nothing to loose. If you can not get one to audition then whenever you are in Delhi give me a PM, I would be able to help you out with the audition thing. There is a model from Monitor Audio and B&W PV1 which is also an award winner and is avaliable around 100K whereas the monitor audio sub is around 65K

Manu the kind of Bass you are looking for would be served by Velodyne DD18 model, but then its expensive too i.e around 200K. My suggestion would be that if you liked Dsw Pro 600 then why don't you lend one from the dealer itself and try that in your setup at least in this manner you have nothing to loose. If you can not get one to audition then whenever you are in Delhi give me a PM, I would be able to help you out with the audition thing. There is a model from Monitor Audio and B&W PV1 which is also an award winner and is avaliable around 100K whereas the monitor audio sub is around 65K

thanks brother

Hey! If you are intrested in getting the velo spl 15 one my friends has an unused piece which he had bought arnd last nov he would give it away at arnd 1L. A new spl 15 is arnd 1.5L.
All the best.
Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back