Google Chromecast with TV (4K) Coming Soon to India

Is it really worth the Rs 6399 price tag it is retailing for?
I have picked up 2 of them but at half price abroad. It does Atmos/Vision flawlessly. Have also installed Plex on it and it reads from my NAS perfectly. It also runs Kodi (real- debrid). Guess this covers most use case scenarios (other than reading physical media like HDDs).

Just the Ethernet port is missing. This omission (for me at least) makes the Fire TV Cube more appealing.

Just the Ethernet port is missing. This omission (for me at least) makes the Fire TV Cube more appealing.
one can easily add ethernet port to google chromecast, firestick or any android phone/devices with any of the 3 options. Just remember that all these devices are linux machines with a microusb port that you are using only to power it. But the micro usb port is just like your laptop/desktop usb ports and other than powering it, you can connect many devices like DAC, ethernet ports, usb to HDMI ports, hard disks, etc.

1) Buying ethernet adaptor from google or amazon for these devices. But the manufacturer will milk you even though they are nothing more than a usb to ethernet dongle. Here is one such adaptor from ugreen which is cheaper than the google/amazon adaptor. Below link works for google, but there are adaptors for firestick too.

2) Connecting the chromecast to a usb hub and a usb to ethernet dongle to the usb hub

3) Y otg cable (otg cable splitter with power and otg port). like this https://www.amazon.in/M7-Enhancer-E...c66-b2ff-e131c3c69ddc&pd_rd_i=B0894V5VYB&th=1

Last edited:
one can easily add ethernet port to google chromecast, firestick or any android phone/devices with any of the 3 options. Just remember that all these devices are linux machines with a microusb port that you are using only to power it. But the micro usb port is just like your laptop/desktop usb ports and other than powering it, you can connect many devices like DAC, ethernet ports, usb to HDMI ports, hard disks,
Just fyi the Chromecast with Google tv is a USB C device. The beauty of usb C is that you can add a hub with usb PD and run anything with it. I'm using mine with a webcam and joystick - webcam for Google duo video calls and joystick for small games. Had to use a more powerful charger though

I have been using one i bought 2 years ago and happy with it. But this much price for a 2 year old device that's heavily discounted in the US is a ripoff, especially when realme offers a Google tv device.

Just fyi the Chromecast with Google tv is a USB C device. The beauty of usb C is that you can add a hub with usb PD and run anything with it. I'm using mine with a webcam and joystick - webcam for Google duo video calls and joystick for small games. Had to use a more powerful charger though
That's an innovative use of the usb port. I never went beyond connecting a DAC or ethernet port.

Just posted a new thread to share my quick expression about Chromecast 4K

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back