100" LIBERT GRANDVIEW MOTORIZED SCREEN PIECE Rs. 34,350

DAC SPK18 SPEAKER CABLE 75 MTRS 4,744

DAC COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE 10 MTRS Rs 1,790

DAC INTERCONNECT CABLES 2 MTRS Rs. 818

DAC SUBWOOFER CABLE with RCA PINS 3 MTRS Rs. 1,500.00

CEILING MOUNT KIT KIT Rs. 5,500.00

CONSULTATION & INSTALLATION CHARGES PIECE Rs. 3,500.00

GRAND TOTAL 292,101.00

I dont need the motorized screen, Fixed will do. Will have to ask them about this.

What do you think about the price overall ?

I really have no useful knowledge about this. These cables and accessories - don't they come with the Yamaha YHT299 ? Bit confused.

PS: I am happy with the config - my question is about price.

Last edited:
The HW55ES seems like better value to me. The 40ES has an MRP of 200k and a US price of 2500$. The 55ES has an MRP of 280k and a US price of 4000$. The latter also comes with a free lamp and two glasses I believe. Considering the obvious better picture quality, the price is great.

Nearly 80% of your budget is allocated to video (pj + screen). That is not a good balance in my opinion. You will need better sound than Yamaha 299. I would spend at least 50% of my budget on audio. So you should be looking to spend 1.5 L to 1.75L on receiver and speakers and the rest in video.

@chaos
I am told Sony 55es has essentially the same hardware - except for the fact that dynamic iris is disabled in 40es.

Nearly 80% of your budget is allocated to video (pj + screen). That is not a good balance in my opinion. You will need better sound than Yamaha 299. I would spend at least 50% of my budget on audio. So you should be looking to spend 1.5 L to 1.75L on receiver and speakers and the rest in video.

A reason why I did that. My purpose is perhaps different compared to what a lot of people use HT for.

1. DishTV for IPL and cricket - pathetic die hard cricket fan. Watch non-India test matches too whenever I can.
2. Watch a lot of English TV series - Downloaded stuff - only 1080p or 720p.
3. Watch movies - but again plenty of 1080 rips which are as you know compressed.
4. A little bit of gaming - 'xbox one' and hope to make use of kinect. Sony 40ES has low input lag.
5. 10% usage will be for music - and I am not an audiophile. My eyes are more sensitive than my ears lol.
6. Bluray movies will be once or twice a month (maybe) - I prefer going to movie halls more - for the complete weekend outing experience.
7. Building my dedicated HT room by transforming a portion of my sit-out area on the first floor - room will be rather small - 13x10

The Yamaha YHT priced at 39,999 seems high. I thought it was priced lower.

Last edited:
Agree on the PJ taking too much budget. At the very least go with Onkyo India, its got all the bells and whistles, Dolby Atmos speakers and is future proof. You can visit the local Onkyo dealer and have a demo.

Seeing your content I'd say you don't need 3D PJ either, so a 2D PJ should cost less. Unless you really need a PJ, I'd also consider a 65" TV. Depending on the seating distance a 65" to 80" TV also has the same immersive experience and a 4K TV offers excellent PQ even for FHD content. That said nothing like a PJ... but I'd look at 4K when spending that much.

I'd also spend a little on room acoustics, they will have the most impact on SQ and will make the difference between having an actual movie theater effect or watching something in the living room with sound coming/going from all directions.

Agree on the PJ taking too much budget. At the very least go with Onkyo India, its got all the bells and whistles, Dolby Atmos speakers and is future proof. You can visit the local Onkyo dealer and have a demo.

Seeing your content I'd say you don't need 3D PJ either, so a 2D PJ should cost less. Unless you really need a PJ, I'd also consider a 65" TV. Depending on the seating distance a 65" to 80" TV also has the same immersive experience and a 4K TV offers excellent PQ even for FHD content. That said nothing like a PJ... but I'd look at 4K when spending that much.
2d projectors are all entry level ones aren't they. I am sensitive to poor pictures especially on sports scenes - which is why I cant adjust to cricket on LED tvs - I cant miss the dirty screen effect and horizontal banding. Plasmas are what I prefer.

And about TV - I am coming from owning 64f8500 TV and getting refund for the same
You can read my thread - thankfully I got a solution.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/56515-samsung-64f8500-no-picture-service-quote-80k.html

I'd also spend a little on room acoustics, they will have the most impact on SQ and will make the difference between having an actual movie theater effect or watching something in the living room with sound coming/going from all directions.
I got a quotation of 1.4lacs for paneling and acoustic treatment - this is over and above what it takes to make the room - remember I said I am transforming a portion of my sitout on the first floor. So the costs add up - not prepared to spend that much on acoustic treatment.

Last edited:
@chaos
I am told Sony 55es has essentially the same hardware - except for the fact that dynamic iris is disabled in 40es.

Dynamic iris makes a huge difference in performance apparently. Plus you can't discount the cost of 2x 3d glasses and extra lamp.

@vij - one thing to consider seriously is where you are coming from. In the past, if you haven't experienced a real HT in all it's sonic glory for longer durations, then you may start feeling let down after some usage and regret your purchase. Also take a look at those Onkyos - they are a better deal IMHO.

Last edited:
Vij
So far as speakers are concerned those bundled with Yamaha 299 are not good, even if you are not audiophile. If you are spending this much amount just add 15k more and with Yamaha receiver go for any of the below mentioned speakers:
1 Boston Accostics s 5.1 (not xs5.1 ) - has better Subwoofer than xs 5.1.
2. Wharfedale movies 7 5.1
3 polk audio rm 6750
The above costs around 30-35 but sounds far better than bundled Yamaha speakers. You shall definitely not regret.
I have auditioned them as I am also looking for my first HT setup. I am also not audiophile but like good sound.

Vij
So far as speakers are concerned those bundled with Yamaha 299 are not good, even if you are not audiophile. If you are spending this much amount just add 15k more and with Yamaha receiver go for any of the below mentioned speakers:
1 Boston Accostics s 5.1 (not xs5.1 ) - has better Subwoofer than xs 5.1.
2. Wharfedale movies 7 5.1
3 polk audio rm 6750
The above costs around 30-35 but sounds far better than bundled Yamaha speakers. You shall definitely not regret.
I have auditioned them as I am also looking for my first HT setup. I am also not audiophile but like good sound.

Damn, looks like I will consider the hop - not sure about the Boston s 5.1 - with the xs 5.1 having problems -

Maybe Il have a look at the Wharfdale Moviestar 65+ 5.1 - What would be a good receiver for this?

Also, pl note that my HT room is a puny 13x10 without much acoustic treatment - Il put in thick curtains and some decent carpet covering half the area - not much more. I don't want the speakers going rumble bumble on me lol.

Last edited:
Seriously consider onkyo ht-s5700 at least since you are really spending heavily on your sports room......:eek:hyeah::clapping: that's what I would call it.
Maybe after listening to some ht setups you may feel the need for an upgrade.

Maybe Il have a look at the Wharfdale Moviestar 65+ 5.1 - What would be a good receiver for this?

Also, pl note that my HT room is a puny 13x10 without much acoustic treatment - Il put in thick curtains and some decent carpet covering half the area - not much more. I don't want the speakers going rumble bumble on me lol.

Well I don't have much knowledge about it since I am also novice in this field. But any avr should do good job. On hifimart or somewhere I have seen wharfedale diamond series paired with Denon 500. Experienced people here may chip in.
So far as room size is concerned I don't think it should create problem as far as you keep volume low. what is important is clarity in sound. I have a modest surround pc speakers of Altec Lansing costing just 4k in my bedroom of 10x10 and they sound OK with very good Subwoofer. Even those also I have played at full volume just to check how loud they are when there was no one from my family around.

I see hifimart has a good package deal
Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP 5.1 + Denon AVR X500 for Rs.58,225
Is it safe to order such heavy equip online across states?

Now have to find a place to audition it.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back