Got my philips 42pfl7409 today

To my surprise Croma yesterday told me that Philips has stoped LCD production.Does it mean they will go after LED?

May be they meant the 09 models or they may have trouble with the new videocon sales and support of philips.

i have seen other retail chains like reliance digital say that whirlpool stopped making a particular model in their front loading washing machines,when infact was available in many local small showrooms.I then came to know from the person incharge of whirpool bangalore distribution ,that that particular model was a direct import in low numbers ,he said that they can meet the bulk purchase of huge retail chains.

Hi just joined in on the site today. desperately needed someone's help please. Just picked up a 42PFL7409 and suddenly realised that the sound is very suspect- very tinnish overall. I also happened to see a 42 pfl 7403 in another showroom which had amazing sound. Will somebody let me know if my TV is a defective piece or is the sound of 7409 suspect with all pieces.
Also are the sound systems of both these models very different? is there more bass and clarity on the 7403 or is it my imagination.
One final question is the price tag on the box of a 7409 Rs.89990/- or 99990/-

Kindly reply huge post purchase dissonance happening!

Try changing sound setting.If your TV is on wall,it can sound tiny.If there is not distortion,you need not worry.

Just picked up a 42PFL7409 and suddenly realised that the sound is very suspect- very tinnish overall. I also happened to see a 42 pfl 7403 in another showroom which had amazing sound. Will somebody let me know if my TV is a defective piece or is the sound of 7409 suspect with all pieces.
Also are the sound systems of both these models very different? is there more bass and clarity on the 7403 or is it my imagination.
One final question is the price tag on the box of a 7409 Rs.89990/- or 99990/-

Kindly reply huge post purchase dissonance happening!

I own the same TV and the sound is surprisingly good from what Philips call the "Invisible Speakers". In fact the sound from 7409 is too good to be true for a TV without sub-woofer. The sound is in fact so good that I've postponed my home theater audio replacement for some time.

Check for Audio settings in the menu and more importantly your audio source itself. If nothing works, call the dealer for a replacement.

BTW from where did you purchase this TV and how much did you pay for it?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back