Got my philips 42pfl7409 today

koushikp

Hi all,

got my 42" philips 7409 today, while obviously I had liked it in the shop I am simply bowled over by the picture quality after I have got it home.. Will post pictures of my setup soon. till now I have just tested it on tata sky at home and simply amazed at the quality. My viewing distance is about 8.5 feet and this tv is giving a better output than my earlier 32" samsung LCD (R81B) at the same viewing distance. Give this TV an audition..while it's a bit pricey but definitely worth every rupee. I have also had a good experience with the dealer - efarsales (philips arena at worli naka). That's a good place to see this tv. Originally I had gone to check out the philips 5609, but stretched by budget and bought this one after I saw it.

Congrats! How much did you pay for it? I got the Philips 42PFL9803 today and am completely bowled over by how good the picture quality is. It was the last piece that Croma had and I bought it without a second thought. Costed me 57k.

Wow! Lucky guy..it's not even available in India anymore..and at that price it's not a steal it's a robbery! Was it a display piece? I got good discount after negotiation which I can't disclose as the dealer told me not to but the street price is around 80k. Worse part is the multiple brand outlets hardly stock philips TVs anymore..most people will not even know how good they are compared to the swarm of samsungs and sonys out there..

Wow! Lucky guy..it's not even available in India anymore..and at that price it's not a steal it's a robbery! Was it a display piece? I got good discount after negotiation which I can't disclose as the dealer told me not to but the street price is around 80k. Worse part is the multiple brand outlets hardly stock philips TVs anymore..most people will not even know how good they are compared to the swarm of samsungs and sonys out there..

It was a display piece but it only had around 150 hours of usage after checking the service menu which is hardly anything so I didn't care. Has full warranty support and the tv looked brand new and the accessories were unopened. The price was really good so I didn't bother.

It was a display piece but it only had around 150 hours of usage after checking the service menu which is hardly anything so I didn't care. Has full warranty support and the tv looked brand new and the accessories were unopened. The price was really good so I didn't bother.

Hi,

Can you post your review about the TV. I am planning to buy the 9000 series - 42PFL9664 in Singapore, but I am torn between the Philips and Samsung series 6. So if you post your review it will help me take a call. I have seen the 9000 series and I was absolutely stunned by its picture quality in HD.

Spiderman

I can get it with my 5609 as follos-

It may work if you press option button first followed by rest(062596 info).Somtimes you need to repeat the procedure.You can get this either 1st time or 3rd time.

Sorry buddy but what's the big deal about not disclosing the amount. Is the dealer related to you in any way ? Sure the dealer would not have sold the tv at a loss.
Even I am a big fan of Philips. But actually Philips are going through some kind of transformation in India. They have tied up with Videocon for the marketing and in process have made up a new company. Hardly anywhere in Delhi have I found any dealers selling Philips Lcd's. I recently went to the Philips Arena shop in GIP Noida and they told me that Philips are going to launch many number of lcd's and even led's in about a month's time from now. Let's see what they offer. Anyways congrats on your new purchase.

I can get it with my 5609 as follos-

It may work if you press option button first followed by rest(062596 info).Somtimes you need to repeat the procedure.You can get this either 1st time or 3rd time.

Hi,
I have been following some of your posts for a while now. I can see that you are a big fan of philips. Which dth are you using with your 5609 and how is the PQ / sharpness and other details. I just recently came across a 42-5609 demo piece at Croma which was available for 44000 Rs. Do you think this is a good price ?

That is way too much. New ones were 50k last time round. The 5 series 42 incher isn't that great anyway.

Yeah I also found the picture quality to be not so good for the 42-5609. Rather it was quite bad when I played a dvd rip movie on it through the pen drive. The same dvd rip was much better on a Samsung. I had earlier seen the 32 5409 and and the pq was excellent on that one. I was under the impression 42-5609 should be as good as the 32 incher.
Anyways are you aware which could be the best lcd/led in the range of 55-60000 at present in the market for a 42 incher.

Hi,
I have been following some of your posts for a while now. I can see that you are a big fan of philips. Which dth are you using with your 5609 and how is the PQ / sharpness and other details. I just recently came across a 42-5609 demo piece at Croma which was available for 44000 Rs. Do you think this is a good price ?

I was not philips fan in LCD before I got 5609.I am using Dish regular Dth & PQ is good with even composite too.-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6754-my-new-philips-pfl5609-lcdtv.html

For Demo piece(after checking viewing hr)you can ask for 40k.

Finally bought Philips 42 LCD 9703 two weeks back.

This was a demo Piece with not much hours on it and go it for approximately INR (33,000) rupees. (Note purchased this in Singapore hence dirt cheap). Reason I bought it was I only let my eyes decide what is a good picture quality and I was bowled over by the clear color and sharp pictures. I have been a die hard Sony/Samsung fan (Sony was the first color TV I had way back in 1982 and loved its build quality) but now I am all for Philips.

Connected with digital SD set top box and the black level's and clarity is quite good. But the fun begins when I turn on HD as we have quite a few channels on HD here.

The Asian Food Channel - the food looks so real that it makes you hungry my wife likes watching this show even though half dish we dont eat or make.:licklips:

Discovery/History/NGC - Absolute delight to see all the inventions, animals, solar system in such fine detail

HBO HD - The best thing that could have happned to a movie channel:clapping:

Best of all 30W of pure RMS sound with good bass which I havent seen any TV

I will post a review of this TV soon, but in the meantime proud Philips owners can I know your brightness/color/contrast settings.

Thanks
Spiderman.

Killer price for a killer TV. Congrats! Have the same TV and I keep wondering why people buy those LEDs for double or triple the price when they have poorer real world performance.

Nice to you folks buying Philips LCD TVs. Philips is a gr8 brand as well but not so popular in our soil.

I saw a Philips LCD in eZone 2 years back....trust me it was way better than Samsung and SONY both by looks and PQ. How is the TV's performance for regular cable / DTH connections ?

To my surprise Croma yesterday told me that Philips has stoped LCD production.Does it mean they will go after LED?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back