New to the hobby, please guide me with my 5.2.4 and share your experiences.

bearbear

Hi I am Bear,

Every year I try a new hobby, invest some time and money on it. This year I am turning 30 and I am deciding to give my room a make over to welcome the new decade.
I am very serious about hobbies, for example I make telescopes and leather craft items as a hobby. Leather craft is easier to get into yet still requires time and practice, but telescope making requires months of work. So, I am quite serious about doing things like this right.
Around covid, I was bored and if I am not working or going to the movies once in a while I get agitated. I had a family PS4 and used it to try some blu ray 4k movies and I spoiled going to the cinema ever since.
As soon as shops opened first thing I did was buy a proper 4k HDR TV (sony xr90 if I remember correct, 75 in mid-high sony TV regardless) and enjoy movies in it once in a while

I am ready for a Home theatre sound system. I mostly only have done research on YouTube and reddit, latter media is how found this forum site. I welcome knowledge of all kinds from you guys. From my basic research I have determined that a 5.2.4 is an ideal setup for me. I am open minded.

My room is 3.8m x 5.4m in area - 12ft x 18ft in american. I will be around 2m (8ft) away from the TV. 75in TV (placed roughly at the center of the 3.8m Wall. The Room is quite concealed from sunlight and silent too. I don't mind reworking the room and doing carpentry, like I said it's a make over.

I am looking at Denon 9 channel or Marantz avr. I am open to other suggestions. And speaker choices is what I would need more help with, ideally any reliable Indian make or manufacturers, if possible.

In return, you can reach out to me for any help you may need to build PC's. I have built a lot of PC's in my life. Since I am a research scientist, I recently had to build the most powerful retail PC money can buy. So, I am experienced with budget to high end PC building and troubleshooting.

Also, if you need help with any of my other hobbies - telescope making (mirror making), leather craft tools, simulation racing, flight sim, VR, video editing, etc. Feel free to pick my brain.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back