Hi Hi Bear here, fresh into the hobby

bearbear

Hi there,

I am Bear, a research scientist working in the EU but live in Kerala.

Around covid due to boredom I tried 4k blu ray movies and fell in love.

This year I am 30 and decided to add a new hobby into my vast collection, I collect hobbies. Crazy about them actually.

I have a 3.8m x 5.4m room that I work in. I am planning to convert it into a home theatre too. I have a 75in TV mid-high end sony TV.

I have been watching YouTube and browsing Reddit (which is were I found this forum). I love the idea of have a mini-home theatre with proper sound. And I want to do it right too.

I am looking for suggestions, and slowly re-work my room to fit a 5.2.2 or 5.2.4 system.

I need help with finding reliable speakers and surround speakers. I can do ceiling speakers too if they are better.

Other than that. If you need any help within one of my area of expertise you can ask me. It's cool

Professionally - Solar energy systems, Applied Thermodynamics, Fire dynamics, Structural Engineering
Hobby - PC Building and troubleshooting, Home networking, Telescope (mirror) Making, Handmade Leather Craft (and tool selection), Simulation Racing, Flight simulation, and Cooking

Cheers!

Hi there,

This year I am 30 and decided to add a new hobby into my vast collection, I collect hobbies. Crazy about them actually.

I have a 3.8m x 5.4m room that I work in. I am planning to convert it into a home theatre too. I have a 75in TV mid-high end sony TV.

I have been watching YouTube and browsing Reddit (which is were I found this forum). I love the idea of have a mini-home theatre with proper sound. And I want to do it right too.

I am looking for suggestions, and slowly re-work my room to fit a 5.2.2 or 5.2.4 system.

I need help with finding reliable speakers and surround speakers. I can do ceiling speakers too if they are better.

Other than that. If you need any help within one of my area of expertise you can ask me. It's cool

Professionally - Solar energy systems, Applied Thermodynamics, Fire dynamics, Structural Engineering
Hobby - PC Building and troubleshooting, Home networking, Telescope (mirror) Making, Handmade Leather Craft (and tool selection), Simulation Racing, Flight simulation, and Cooking

Cheers!
Hello Bear, welcome to the forum! Hope you are having a good time in Kerala. If Kochi/Ernakulam is accessible for you, there are various stores dealing with hifi/home theater audio. You could also look at buying from other states or online and getting it delivered. There are also local speaker builders who can build something customized for your requirements. Finally, since you seem to have a penchant for hobbies/DIY you could buy the drivers/kits and build your own speakers. Of course, you would still have to buy an AVR.

Hello Bear, welcome to the forum! Hope you are having a good time in Kerala. If Kochi/Ernakulam is accessible for you, there are various stores dealing with hifi/home theater audio. You could also look at buying from other states or online and getting it delivered. There are also local speaker builders who can build something customized for your requirements. Finally, since you seem to have a penchant for hobbies/DIY you could buy the drivers/kits and build your own speakers. Of course, you would still have to buy an AVR.
MY BROTHER IN CHRIST! Is that something we can do? Build your own Speakers?

Are they worth the effort? I am very curious now.

Hi there,

Cheers!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back