Got PS2, now need help

KonfuSed

EDIT: Got PS3 now ;-)..So need help on PS3 [Orig: Got PS2, now need help]

Hi All,
Got PS2 today with few games. Currently using the composite cable to connect the video but as we all know the the PQ is pathetic. I would like to know what other options I have? I've seen that PS2 has a option for component video in the menus. So where can I get a component cable for PS2? There is a multi AV output on the device so I presume that the component cable also should have multi AV input slot that would go in to the device. Can you please let me know that where can I buy such a cable? And which make? What are the options I have?
Also need help on the games that I can play. I like to play shooting games (medal of honour types). Like some bit of racing too. Planning to get Gran Tourismo 4 next. Bought NFS Carbon, Shadow of Colossus( this one is looking very interesting) and MoH with the console. Let me know about some good games.

I couldn't find any thread on this hence creating this new thread. Mods, please merge it if such a thread already exists.
Regards,

Last edited:
Hi All,
So where can I get a component cable for PS2? There is a multi AV output on the device so I presume that the component cable also should have multi AV input slot that would go in to the device.

ps2 cable, Computers Peripherals, Consumer Electronics items at low prices on eBay India

or

eBay India: XCM Multi Consoles Component Cable PSP/PS2/PS3/Wii/X360 (item 270494644461 end time 05-Dec-2009 20:45:35 IST)

Check outside india or local electronic market-prices seems too high!

Whoaaa, 3.8k just for the cable? That's too high, they are robbing us literally. I just checked the price at Amazon and it seems they are available for 11$ (sony one, least price) to 19$ (Monster). Probably I'll get it from Amazon or some other place.

@KonfuSed, try getting it from dealextreme. They ship to India for free.
DealExtreme: $5.88 Component Video + Audio Cable for PS2 (1.8-Meter)

just seen your message. Thanks for the heads up. This looks like a better price. Is this site genuine and safe? I've not done any dealing with them before. Have anyone bought anything from this place?

Is this site genuine and safe? I've not done any dealing with them before. Have anyone bought anything from this place?
Yes it is genuine and reliable. I've dealt with them before. Delivery might take even a month's time so you've to be prepared to wait.

Thanks Guys, but got a PS3 today:yahoo:, so bye bye PS2..
Enjoying the GT5 Prologue and Uncharted now. Awesome they are. Would try KillZone 2 and Uncharted 2 next probably.

that was a very quick upgrade! how come? and what did you do with the PS2?
The moment I started PS2 I knew it was not what I was looking for. I'm a sucker of good animation or for that matter any video which looks awesome. Although I liked playing the NFS Carbon at PS2. But within 2 days I knew what my heart wants and bought the PS3. Man, it's amazingly good and this is what I wanted. That GT5 prologue is as real as a game can get.
Well, not sure what to do with PS2 but one thing for sure I'm probably not touching it again. Neatly packed and stored as of now ;-)

Any review about Colin Mcrae-Dirt? I heard that it's a very good rally based game? Should I go for it? Got KillZone 2 today but I think I would finish off Uncharted first then touch KZ-2. And I keep on playing the racing games in between.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back