Got some very nice DVDs

GeorgeO

Folks

I picked up Diana Kralls Live in Paris DVD and ripped it yesterday. I have almost all her albums, including the Grammy Award winning Live in Paris and am a big fan of her music, but seeing her perform live is a totally different experience.She is a talented pianist and singer, with oodles of sex appeal. Awesome and highly recommended!

Other DVDs that I picked up are oldies-Carly Simon-Moonlight Serenade on Queen Mary 2, Alannis Morisette, Woodstock, Celine, Alison Krauss, Carol King,and a few others. Carly Simon is a favourite of mine for many years and she is a class act.

I hope to get all of my HT stuff up as soon as I can so that I can watch this all on 5.1 on a big screen. A 37 inch flat panel HD unit, in 2.1 audio doesnt, in my opinion , do justice.

These DVDs are from secondspin.com, great bargains out there and while I bought them in the US, they ship overseas too.

Will give my opinions on the other DVDs as soon as I rip them start listening

I picked up Diana Kralls Live in Paris DVD and ripped it yesterday. I have almost all her albums, including the Grammy Award winning Live in Paris and am a big fan of her music, but seeing her perform live is a totally different experience.She is a talented pianist and singer, with oodles of sex appeal. Awesome and highly recommended! ...

Congrats! She is my favourite singer and "Live in Paris" is my favorite album of hers. Watching her perform will be a definite bonus! :licklips:

Another outstanding video is an oldie-Neil Diamond at the height of his abilities, performing in Sydney in 1976- The Thank You Australia concert. I have been listening to Hot August Night, one of my all time favs, since my college days( in vinyl then), bought the 2 CD album for Rs 1100 about 10 years ago, this is right up there with HAN. The video is not too good but the singer is outstanding. I listened for about an hour then stopped, need to listen again.

Carly Simon's is Moonlight Serenade on Queen Mary 2, singing live in the ballroom, lot of her oldies and jazz classics. Very nice easy listening stuff.

Since I got about a dozen discs, I have ripped a few more and will report on them as and when I have the time to view and listen. Coming up are Celine Dion, Carol King, Alanis Morissette, Woodstock, Marvin Gaye, Alison Krauss and Faith Hill, Kenny Rogers maybe one or two more. Dire Straits live in Rome is one more.

Cheers

That's nice to hear. Does this imply that you are willing to share the rips with members? or are you just trying to make us drool???:):mad::)

George, if you're a John Denver and/or a folk music fan, do try to get your hands on this one:

cd-cover.jpg

Amazon.com: John Denver - The Wildlife Concert: John Denver, Jeb Brien, David Williams, Ralph Scaglione, Allen Kelman, Andy Kadison, David Stallbaumer, Elizabeth Lee, Eric Trigg, Gary Pacheco, Harold Thau, Maxim Langstaff, Stephen Herman: Movies & TV

Absolutely fantastic.

John Denver - Wildlife Concert (above) is a wonderful album of the legend.The recording is excellent. I have both the Audio CD and DVD........

George
Can you post album covers like the Hifi Mod did? Pics are easier to recall when in a store or shopping rather than titles.

thanks

--G

I will try and scan them and upload the art. Each DVD takes quite a while to rip using DVD Decrypt, so I am doing it when I have the time, and using an older slower system. I have about a dozen more DVDs on my wish list, hopefully I will get them from second spin over the next 12 months, and John Denver will be added to it, along with Stevie Wonder, Elvis, the Beatles, Norah Jones, and a few others.

Got to listen to some of the others. Kenny Rogers-Live by Request, all his oldies, and very good.

Faith Hill is also quite good-she is a much younger artiste, compared to Carole King, Carly and Simon.

Steven Stills Silver and Gold, also good.

Lilith Fair, excellent

Joni Mitchell-just started listening to it.

Ive got to rip a few more, hope to complete all of it soon.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back