1 DVD Diana Krall: Live in Paris
1 DVD Faith Hill: When the Lights Go Down
1 DVD Marvin Gaye: Live in Montreux 1980
1 DVD Woodstock: Director's Cut
1 DVD Kenny Rogers: A&E Live by Request
1 DVD Carly Simon: A Moonlight Serenade on the Queen Mary 2

1 DVD Neil Diamond: Thank You Australia Concert - Live 1976

georgeO

Marvin Gaye was one of the all time greats. I have a two cd set called Essential Marvin Gaye, which I have been listening to for many years. What's Goin' On, Inner City Blues, Distant Lover, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, would have to be included in any list of great American songs. A good DVD option would be the career spanning 'Marvin Gaye : The Real Thing In Performance' 1964 - 1981.
Music Footage Press and News -- Reelin in the Years

Last edited:
Yes I agree. Marvin Gaye's I Heard It Through The Grapevine is a classic. I saw Carole King in concert last year and she had energy! I hope to buy some more DVDs over the next 12 months of stuff that I like, let's see.

Do you get this shipped to India? Is there a cost advantage over buying it from Bangalore or these titles are not available in local stores?

Neil Diamond, Cliff Richard, Rod Stewart, Paul Anka, Lobo, Don Maclean, Cat Stevens, Barry Manilow. Abba, Carpenters, Beegees, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Queen, Eagles, Boney M.....these were the musicians that I first discovered courtesy a wonderful youth magazine called JS.

Devil Woman, Evergreen Tree, Constantly, New York Mine Disaster, Massachusetts, Dancing Queen, Hasta Manana, Yesterday Once More, We've Only Just Begun, Song Sung Blue, Cracklin Rosie, Brooklyn Road, Love's A Lonely Song, Bring The Wine, Papa, The Boxer, Sounds Of Silence, I Am A Rock, Mrs. Robinson, And I Love Her, All My Loving, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude...... heady, dreamy, pine scented day's of my childhood in Simla......gone forever......only the songs remain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTaWayUE5XA

Last edited:
Wasn't that Junior Statesman ? Or is my memory gone kaput ?

Yes, it was the Junior Statesman! For many years a weekly. And then a fortnightly, until it's mysterious demise. Desmond Doig, Jug Suraiya, Dubby Bhagat, CY Gopinath, Bachi Karkaria. I have tried to trace JS on the net, but could not find anything. There was a mention somewhere, that a Mumbai Library ( don't remember which one ) has a JS archive. I would contemplate flying down to Mumbai for a few days, if I could get my hands on the the old editions of JS.

It hurts bad when I think of those day's. What good is progress if we can't travel back in time? :sad: I want to be sitting in my childhood home in Simla, staring out of my bedroom window at the snow falling outside, taking surreptitious puffs from a Wills Navy Cut, and listening to Simon & Garfunkel singing:

A winter's day
in a deep and dark December
I am alone-
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock, I am an island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKY-smJ6aBQ

Sorry GeorgeO ! Completely OT. I hope you will bear with my nostalgia trip. It's your fault. You got it going by mentioning Neil Diamond :)

Last edited:
Yes, it was the Junior Statesman! For many years a weekly. And then a fortnightly, until it's mysterious demise. Desmond Doig, Jug Suraiya, Dubby Bhagat, CY Gopinath, Bachi Karkaria. I have tried to trace JS on the net, but could not find anything. There was a mention somewhere, that a Mumbai Library ( don't remember which one ) has a JS archive. I would contemplate flying down to Mumbai for a few days, if I could get my hands on the the old editions of JS.

It hurts bad when I think of those day's. What good is progress if we can't travel back in time? :sad: I want to be sitting in my childhood home in Simla, staring out of my bedroom window at the snow falling outside, taking surreptitious puffs from a Wills Navy Cut, and listening to Simon & Garfunkel singing:

A winter's day
in a deep and dark December
I am alone-
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock, I am an island.

YouTube - I Am a Rock - Simon & Garfunkel Lyrics

Sorry GeorgeO ! Completely OT. I hope you will bear with my nostalgia trip. It's your fault. You got it going by mentioning Neil Diamond :)

my favourite simon and garfunkel number is AMERICA...talk about an atmospheric song...this is the only song in which..just listening and closing my eyes, i have lived through a movie experience...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back