Grado Prestige Series SR325is Headphones

ajitelsy

Hi Everyone,
Any take on the Grado preatige SR 325is Headphones ,its $295 in the States but cost Rs 32000 in india .Need to know from users how it sounds.Thanks

It's a pretty good phone. Very resolving, very entertaining, hard to fault sound. You will need to choose your sources wisely though, as it can get quite bright if not paired well.

Also, if you have never heard a Grado before, I recommend start with a lower end Grado, to familiarize yourself with the Grado house sound.

Some other great headphones in that price bracket are: Sennheiser HD 600 and AKG 701. They are all great headphones, every penny worth their price.

The SR325is are very good headphones. They work well straight off a laptop headphone out without any need for a headphone amp. I myself use SR225's and very happy with them.

Few niggles being the SR325is having metal cups are heavier and tend to slip off your head when you move (SR225i's being better in this regard). The foam on the cups gets softer quickly and the driver housing directly rests on your ear which is annoying. So expect to change the foams once every two years.

32k INR seems higher for these headphones if bought in India. If you have someone coming down from USA try getting atleast 225's which cost $200 there and you get very similar performance as 325's but the later being on brighter side.

For that extra $100 you spend on 325's over 225's you get metal cans, leather headband, 1/4inch to 3.25mm adapter and extension cable. So I think that extra money for 325's actually went into improving the cosmetics and other accessories rather than improving the sound.

If you don't have any option getting Grado's from USA please consider Sennheiser HD650 which is not very costly in India compared to the prices when purchased abroad but you require a decent headphone amp if your source can't drive them.

Last edited:
its $295 in the States but cost Rs 32000 in india
32000 is very high.

US$295 = Rs. 18,243 (rounded from today's rate here.)

The difference is absurd. If your really want this headphone, then you could say, "yes, but it it is less than the costs of going to USA to buy one!" and you'd be right. Otherwise, I don't think this sort of inflated price-in-India should be encouraged.

Only yesterday, on another forum, I was reading the advice, "make sure that the Grado on-the-ear fit is comfortable for you, before buying." Just passing on that advice: I have no experience other than a quick try in the shop. Personally I prefer the full around-the-ear fit.

Hi Everyone,
Any take on the Grado preatige SR 325is Headphones ,its $295 in the States but cost Rs 32000 in india .Need to know from users how it sounds.Thanks

Grado's are undoubtly good but its a love or hate kinda relation for they are suited to particular kind of music and on the face presentation. if its just by reviews and guesses you planning to pull the trigger as suggested go for lower end ones for that Grado's sound signature. if you have already experienced them and liked it then 325 will for sure keep you happy.

Thanks everyone for your input,i will be using it with the audioengine Dac D1 and I can get it from the states but I wanted to decide either these or the Hifi man RE-600.I don't know I prefer inear phones they sort of make you loose the world around you.I already have the Soundmagic 10 which is cheap but I love it after breaking it in and the Bose quitecomfort 15.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back