Gradualy getting to the HT I want

rahuljonline

After several months of reading stuff from this forum, and a few auditions, I have narrowed in a few systems.
1. Onkyo 3300 - 24,500
The obvious and safest bet. The music experience is not as good, not terrible either. But connectivity is a big issue. That's its advantage, as well as the low price. I also thought the 5205 sounded a bit better with active subs, but it wasn't worth the extra 15ks.
2. JBL Cinemasystem 200 29,000
This system sounds very nice, especially for music, but the AVR 133 is a slightly older one, and has very few connectivity options. That's the only thing keeping me away from buying it.
3. Yamaha RX-V465 and Speakers@ 20ks
The Yamaha AVR has all the latest features, even Bluetooth A2D streaming. I need decent speakers sets (5.1) in the range of 20ks to go with it. Please suggest the speakers. Will I get any tall boys at this range?
4. Onkyo TX-S307 and Speakers 40ks
Same as for the yamaha AVR, but this does only HDMI pass through, which is a big big let down.

Guys, I finally need you verdict. Please suggest.

Just a lame thought, but I have a pair of stereo speakers (from Philips FW 326, those old cd player decks). They look kinda bookshelf types, and were rated 400 w, do you think if I connect those to the new onkyo 3300 avr, will it deliver better than the front speaker provided?

Do you know impedance of these speakers? If impedance is less than 6 ohm, do not connect them to receiver.

Lesser the impedance, higher is the current drawn by speakers. And receivers can't supply current over a certain limit.

Do you know impedance of these speakers? If impedance is less than 6 ohm, do not connect them to receiver.

Lesser the impedance, higher is the current drawn by speakers. And receivers can't supply current over a certain limit.

System . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-way; Double port bass reflex
Impedance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 ohm
Woofer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 x 5.5"
Tweeter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5" Polydome

What do you think? Worth a shot, right? These speakers are pretty good for music... And I think they'd do pretty well...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back