Graetz Super Page 47f Tuner

kartick

I was scanning through heaps and piles of junk/semi-working/fully-working pieces of electronics along with other items in an old Delhi weekly flea market yesterday, when I came across this solidly built transistor which was sitting in a corner, as if remembering it's glory days and pondering how come no one even looks at me these days. I was also surprised that no used-audio dealers had also found this piece. Usually when I visit such flea markets, I bump into many of these dealers who are also always on the prowl. They also have agents who keep looking out for deals on their behalf. It is just a personal thing, but I loathe these dealers because of the exorbitant prices they ask for things they pick up for mere pennies. However, the emotion that came to my mind was 'Beat-Ya' dealers !! :p

I picked it up and curiously tried to figure out which company was it from? What make was it? etc. etc. On looking closer, I found that it was from a company called GRAETZ. The model was Super Page 47f.

I had no clue about the company whatsoever. My smartphone quickly came to rescue and in the middle of chaos and nudges that I was receiving from the crowd at rate Rupee is losing its value against USD, I Googled about this particular radio set.

There was very little information available but I sure became aware that Graetz was a German company and this model was circa 1966-67. This link provides many pictures as well as tech specs about this model : Superpage 47F Radio Graetz, Altena Westfalen, build

The condition of the tuner was not bad at all considering how horribly it would have been treated by the seller while transporting it and realizing that it was a piece of history. Anyways, it sure commanded respect in the solid construction it had. It's power cable (5pin din) was missing. Upon looking at the base of the set, it had options of running it using batteries. There was a selector switch for the same at the base as well. The one that I saw was the black/silver variant. But after checking out the link posted earlier, this model was available in creamish-white, pale blue, brown wooden-finish and a lovely vintage red also.

I kept examining it for at least 15 minutes and I don't know why, I just left it there. I regret it now. Not that I would have used it a lot (because short wave transmissions are almost nil in India now & audio quality sucks big time in India), but I still want to go back and get it just for it's sheer build quality and because it evokes a sentiment reminding us of the era when most of the legendary pieces of audio equipment were made. However, I am hundred percent sure, I would have picked it up had it been the red colored variant just for the sheer looks of it. Buying or not buying was not the question, the fact that I got to know about such a company and the reassurance that you may find gems in a pile of junk if you look closely, just made my day.

I would request all the knowledgeable FMs to shed light on this company/model so that we can all gain more information. Though, I did not bother asking about the price of the tuner, any idea as to how much should have been a fair price for it would be welcome. From an existing listing for the same model on Ebay USA, it is going for approx. USD 160.

Cheers !!

Last edited:
Re: Graetz Super Page 47f Radio

Oops Sorry. My Bad. It's a transistor radio and not a tuner.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back