• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Gramophone Expert in Trivandrum

Mogami Cables

hildebrand

Nice. There is Mr Shafi of Gramophone World in Calicut who repairs them too. I met him once and he seemed to be a good person. I think a search will give its website

kartick

Hey thanks Reuben. I don't know where but I had stumbled across this same article few days ago.

Coincidentally, I very recently acquired my first gramophone. It is an original HMV, made in England, Model 113 gramophone. It plays very well. I will start a new thread on this sometime later with some pictures.

But it is a very new and different experience to play 78s.

reubensm

Hey thanks Reuben. I don't know where but I had stumbled across this same article few days ago.

Coincidentally, I very recently acquired my first gramophone. It is an original HMV, made in England, Model 113 gramophone. It plays very well. I will start a new thread on this sometime later with some pictures.

But it is a very new and different experience to play 78s.

I agree, most of us who are into records stick with vinyl but playing 78s on a wind-up gramophone still has its own charm. For those into hi-fidelity sound, if you get hold of 78s that were played using light weight pick-ups, you'll be amazed at times, to hear how good they sound.